Closing 10/01

tgreg
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: Closing 10/01

Postby tgreg » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Yeah I have no problem paying up to five bucks. Honestly. If we just spread the word. Idk. I'll make an effort to post stuff if i can. This site is what started me on guitar, before it was a forum site. and to see it go would be a shame. :/

User avatar
Barry Egan
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Closing 10/01

Postby Barry Egan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:08 am

When Say Anything starts making good music again, I will tab songs out and help the site. But until they do, I will continue to wait for a good "Skinny Mean Man" tab.

I think my cover of "Wow" is the highlight of this site.
Image

User avatar
TheDarkenedAlice
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:06 pm
Location: WV
Contact:

Re: Closing 10/01

Postby TheDarkenedAlice » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:28 pm

I agree with alot of the ideas on here. I hate to see it closed and i've hated watching the activity go down so much but I think rather than giving up we should brainstorm together and come up with wasy to improve the site and expand it maybe even to make it better than before. I love coming here and looking at tabs/conversations with everyone this is truly a great site with the potential to be amazing. I think that if we all band together and try to think of some stuff we can maybe set it off again.....also if throwing in the towell is the only option I agree with at least putting the tabs in an accessible place for users
I put the B in subtle

User avatar
Scott
Site Admin
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:33 am
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: Closing 10/01

Postby Scott » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:01 am

TheDarkenedAlice wrote:I agree with alot of the ideas on here. I hate to see it closed and i've hated watching the activity go down so much but I think rather than giving up we should brainstorm together and come up with wasy to improve the site and expand it maybe even to make it better than before. I love coming here and looking at tabs/conversations with everyone this is truly a great site with the potential to be amazing. I think that if we all band together and try to think of some stuff we can maybe set it off again.....also if throwing in the towell is the only option I agree with at least putting the tabs in an accessible place for users



looks like you got your wish... stay tuned


and Barry, you mean OUR wow cover ;)
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

User avatar
Barry Egan
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Closing 10/01

Postby Barry Egan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Scott wrote:and Barry, you mean OUR wow cover ;)


Of course, of course.

I think the best course of action is to first get the word out. I don't even think we got past that stage. This is a pretty small site, but Say Anything is a pretty big band. We have to make this the first site someone goes to for tabs and music. Not Ultimate Guitar or MXTabs. Spread the word around the main site(I hope it isn't the same shitty black and white site that it was the last time I went on it. I think that was a big problem. That site(and forum) was so shitty it was hard to get any kind of word out). Post shit on Facebook. Hell, make a Facebook. Make a Twitter when new music comes out and tweet whenever a new song gets tabbed( www.indieguitartabs.com does that). Link on YouTube. Comment on YouTube. Post flyers?

Really anything will help.

And if anyone wants to request something, maybe I/we get kick-start PlaySA v2.0 with a bang.

(I still have the Chia-Like, I Shall Grow cover(unfinished) on my computer...maybe I'll do that)
Image

User avatar
Scott
Site Admin
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:33 am
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: Closing 10/01

Postby Scott » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:25 pm

I think that's a good idea barry but you haven't came back while we're implementing these things!
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

User avatar
drugshavemymind
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:01 pm
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Closing 10/01

Postby drugshavemymind » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Wait. So you are or aren't closing? Cos I think this is more than just tabs of Say Anything. Like, it's a community in which people with similar ideas (Say Anything) can come and talk about shit. Like. Idk. It's just more than tabbing, you know?
______

shot up through the sky by a canon of sin.

User avatar
Norgan
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:30 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: Closing 10/01

Postby Norgan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:58 pm

drugshavemymind wrote:Wait. So you are or aren't closing? Cos I think this is more than just tabs of Say Anything. Like, it's a community in which people with similar ideas (Say Anything) can come and talk about shit. Like. Idk. It's just more than tabbing, you know?


The thought had occurred to us as well. =)
Read: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=388
Norgan is a real boy!

User avatar
Barry Egan
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Closing 10/01

Postby Barry Egan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Scott wrote:I think that's a good idea barry but you haven't came back while we're implementing these things!


I'm here. It was refreshing to see eighty new posts.
Image

User avatar
Scott
Site Admin
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:33 am
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: Closing 10/01

Postby Scott » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:20 pm

We're trying our best man. I'm twitter spamming like crazy. The shotgun approach to advertising. I really need to get an assistant for this shit or someone to help out on the twitter front.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.


Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest