Closing 10/01

Scott
Legend
Closing 10/01

Post by Scott » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Looks like my domain name for playsa.net is going to run out and I don't see a purpose to keep the site up. It actually does get alot of visits, but the community has shrunk and shrunk and failed to sustain itself. Maybe better luck next time?
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

david_style6

Re: Closing 10/01

Post by david_style6 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:02 am

sad face
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:02 pm

If you're closing the site, can you do us all a favor who have come here for years for tabs and colosidate all the tabs into a folder to download. I know its a lot to ask, but I'd be willing to pay 5 dollars for it if it was done nicely and organized

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:05 pm

It might be easier to just donate that $5 to keep the domain up. =P
Norgan is a real boy!

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:45 pm

I would for sure be willing to do that. I'm sure everyone who uses this would be willing to.

Wonder how much the domain is? Someone should buy it and/or we should donate. Even though I dont contribute to the community I visit this site once a week at least.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:52 pm

I was talking to Scott about this the other day. I was about to offer to pay for the domain (personal-use domain names typically aren't expensive... $10-14 for a year) but I thought about it for a bit...nThe community here really has been growing stagnant the past year and a half. What's the point of keeping the site around if no one uses it other than to just look up tabs that have been posted for over a year now? It would be much easier to just dump the tabs on ultimate-guitar.com or something.

It feels, at the moment, that keeping the site up would be a lot like staying in a boring, non-romantic, uninteresting relationship. That's just my thought on it all though. Maybe this will change when some new Say Anything music comes out...
Norgan is a real boy!

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:35 pm

Well instead of just giving up on that relationship, we should try and fix it aka spread the word. Post a link to this site on Say anything videos on youtube, on peoples overs of songs. The site has potential. Plus we could all do our part to help pump some life into the community. Like you said its 10-20 bucks, so whats one more year hahaha. I mean I'm just saying if you wanna dump them on UG thats fine too.

Imagine if we could get max on this site or at least endorse/recognize that it exists..................................

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Max and all of them know it exists and they have never made any attempt besides Jeff (and Jake but he was too drunk to do it..), at least, it is safe to say Jeff knows and if I ventured a guess they found out at one point. Coby knew about it as well.

Either way... its all good. Maybe if we expanded..
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:08 pm

If people have legitimate ideas post them and we'll look into them. I am just tired of watching the site plummet and we're not getting much help from the SA camp... they were about to break up.

crbrazil

Post by crbrazil » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:03 pm

i may sound like an idiot when i say this but i love this band sooo much and i don't want this site to go. i really like the idea of putting the tabs in a folder to download. i understand if y'all don't wanna do it anymore especially when no one is active but it has been really useful when i've needed it and i like reading the posts. this year there will be a couple albums from some part of say anything and everything connected to them. maybe try it one more year. i'll send money if that's the issue. otherwise at least put the tabs somewhere they are still accessible. Please?
was i born to sink into this couch