NOT Closing... with your help!

Norgan
Site Admin
NOT Closing... with your help!

Post by Norgan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:44 pm

So after some more discussing, it has been decided that PlaySA will stay up for at least another year. The shrunken community still is going to be a problem, but one that we plan to deal with. We need you guys to help out here, though. Here's how...

The shrunken community problem is due to many things. Some of which aren't in our control at all (content being put out by Say Anything), and some that we can work on (website content and design). It's pretty clear that a purely forum based website isn't the best layout for what we're doing here. Scott has an idea of a completely new website that has a larger focus on news aggregation and community, of course with tabbing out SA songs still being a main feature. The idea of expanding away from an exclusive Say Anything tabbing community has also been brought up.

At the moment this stuff is still being discussed, so for now things will stay mostly as they are now. But we know we need to try some new stuff out. Any ideas, suggestions and critiques would be greatly appreciated! What do you think about some of the mentioned ideas... do you have any ideas of your own... is there anything that you want to see PlaySA do in the near future... what can we do to get more people interested in not only coming here to read tabs, but to also participate, feel welcomed, and make friends?

This website is here for you... what would you like it to do for you?
Norgan is a real boy!

david_style6

Re: NOT Closing... with your help!

Post by david_style6 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:03 pm

Very glad the site isn't getting closed down! this sounds awesome guys I'm with you 100%. I'll try and help out where i can. Maybe we could do some sort of live show thing where people could get help with songs their learning? maybe some contests with covers? And we should start making that SA cover CD? those are just some suggestions. this site and its community definitely have potential!
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:06 am

I suggest making a facebook page for it. http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php

If you want i'll make it, but itd be easier for an admin to make it that way you can post updates. Then we can post that else where. Maybe a twitter? idk I might be thinking too much into this.

you're fine

Post by you're fine » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:39 pm

THANK YOU

I have been frequenting this place for about a month now. I just recently began playing guitar last spring. SA's song "Cemetary" inspired me to buy an entry level acoustic fender and go at it. I have been taking lessons for about 4 months now, and I just started to get a grasp on some of the acoustic SA song THANKS to this site and everyone's hard work. I saw that this place was going to close and I was like oh shit, I'm screwed. But thank goodness yall are sticking around. That being said, I will do my best to be an active member, although I cant write tab yet. Maybe someday lol.

So yeah. Im pumped. My email is Fibr0701@stcloudstate.edu - let me know how I can help the community.

Thanks

crbrazil

Post by crbrazil » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:06 am

also, maybe we could start a better version of songmeanings just for say anything and anything connected (perma, painful splits, Xo etc.). i get so tired of the the comments on that site. it would be nice to actually get some positive, eye opening feedback that doesn't just say "This reminds me of a relationship I had with someone for 6 months. We had phone sex all the time and I pretty much new it was as far as I wanted to go with the person, but they ended up truly having real feelings for me and I new I was breaking the persons heart. Its crazy how close to home this hits". this beyond pisses me off. but i'm a self-centered jerk and i guess it's a prick thing to say i want people to share how the song makes them feel and then get pissed when they actually do just that. so that's my suggestion.
was i born to sink into this couch

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:11 pm

The song meanings idea is actually a good idea. We can compile what we know from interviews and what we may or may have not been told... or just our own slant. This is more important for the old songs as the new songs have been mostly transparent..
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm not sure how a facebook group could help us specifically because the only people who would join would be people we know and we can just tell them to come at least at first I suppose... We could however spam a Say Anything group on facebook with the site. Possibly on Say Anything's own semi-message board. The twitter idea also seems not as important but I'm open to the idea. I guess we could just add tons and tons of pre-teens and try to plug the site but is that the audience we want to strive for? I feel like most of us are guys who are late teens early twenties and most of us don't take twitter as seriously as younger guys or girls do.

We definitely need to look into more marketing. That's for sure if we wanna bring in some users. Word of mouth only goes so far in a niche. It'd be really nice if we could get some sort of endorsement by Max or the band itself..
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

david_style6

Post by david_style6 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Maybe Jeff could help us out again?
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Yeah the twitter thing was a dumb idea. But the facebook page is just another outlet where we could get "publicity". For example, if one kid who plays guitar likes our page on facebook, its there for all his friends to see, who some of them probably also play guitar and are interested in say anything. Also, people are clearly on facebook more than here (no offense) so we could post something like "new tabs up". Then we can spam, like you said, the sa facebook page and their forums.

Just a thought!

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Well I posted something on SA's fb page and on their bored. so we'll see.