READ: Play Say Anything CDs?

Musicians discuss things. Anything musician related. You can also use this forum to learn about the Say Anything sound! Discuss the gear, settings, and other misc things used by Say Anything in the studio and out: amps, guitars, effects, basses, drums-- whatever!
Scott
Legend
READ: Play Say Anything CDs?

Post by Scott » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Welcome to the new addition! I have some big plans for this and I'd love if we all could participate. As we all post covers and talk about covers, I want to have versions done of all the SA songs by members of the forum. Then we could release a free tribute CD to Say Anything filled with covers of people on this forum. That's a far way off, but I think it'd be a cool way to give back to the band for all their work. I can't wait to see what you all come up with, think outside the box and make these songs your own or just do a really awesome cover. It doesn't matter just have fun with it!

Also, let's keep criticism constructive! I think it will be great to see these songs we know and love through new perceptions.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

James

Re: READ: Play Say Anything CDs?

Post by James » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:13 pm

I can get behind this. Great idea.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Also I'd like to note that we would have in theory several versions of the same CDs cause I'm sure more than one person will cover the same songs on say IARB. So we'd have like IARB 1, IARB 2... etc...
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Twikki

Post by Twikki » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:35 pm

i'd love to be a part of this :)

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Then get out your guitar and record something!

Psyre

Post by Psyre » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:23 am

I have quite a few songs posted on purevolume.com/tylerdarnell and youtube.com/phistelrocks

I would love to be a part of this and will work on some additional recordings.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:20 am

Psyre wrote:I have quite a few songs posted on purevolume.com/tylerdarnell and youtube.com/phistelrocks

I would love to be a part of this and will work on some additional recordings.
For the youtube ones post them in separate topics for each song and either link to it or use the youtube code from the tab protocol sticky.

For the purevolume just make a topic one for a specific song and link to it so people know what they're listening too. :D

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:16 am

I'm liking it.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Barry Egan wrote:I'm liking it.

I hope you sing, because you've tabbed enough. :D

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:19 am

I can't sing worth shit. hahah