Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too

Musicians discuss things. Anything musician related. You can also use this forum to learn about the Say Anything sound! Discuss the gear, settings, and other misc things used by Say Anything in the studio and out: amps, guitars, effects, basses, drums-- whatever!
Barry Egan
Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too

Post by Barry Egan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:47 am

Here's the instrumental of Wow... that I posted in the main page. I figured it would be better to create a whole thread for it. Hope you guys like it!

http://www.mediafire.com/?xqtz2myak2z

Who wants to sing this beast?

Psyre

Re: Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too

Post by Psyre » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:01 pm

This is sick! It won't let me open it with any of my recording software!

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:03 am

It's in MP3 format...could you tell me a format that your recording software will open and I'll try to get it to you in that format?

Glad you like it!

Psyre

Post by Psyre » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:40 pm

Atm I'm just using audacity, but it just keeps saying it doesn't understand the format. I found a way to open it but it's less quality, I'll keep toying around.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:21 pm

I'd give it an attempt to sing too. Put the .wav file on mediafire so we can have a little higher quality shit to record too. .wav is the standard.

also it would help to tell us the BPM you used for the song and also when you planned the vocals to start.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:40 am

BPM 114

http://www.mediafire.com/?oz20z2jtq1n

Here it is in .aif format. You got it in two formats now. I'm sorry, but I'm not downloading something to change it's format. If that doesn't work out, then just sing it to the song(same tempo) and upload it(anything but a .wav should be fine...i'm on a mac) and I'll add to the mix. Easy as pie.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:42 am

Ahh on mac, that's the issue. I am on mac too, but I still have the drivers for .wav. And yeah, the original format (which generally is .wav so I assumed it) is the best. If you converted it to a new file then it would cheapen the quality. I'll try to do something with this later today and post it up. Everyone's asleep in my apartment...
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Psyre

Post by Psyre » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:07 pm

It worked! I've started on it, I'll try to have something presentable for you tomorrow, hopefully I can do it justice.

maxpemis

Post by maxpemis » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:30 pm

i'll give it my best shot sometime this week.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:27 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?zznyznayumn

here's what I did with it. I felt with the electronic stuff it definitely needed some autotuned vocals, and I just figured out how to use autotune in garageband. this took about 2 and a half hours... or more hahaha.