Minnesota

Musicians discuss things. Anything musician related. You can also use this forum to learn about the Say Anything sound! Discuss the gear, settings, and other misc things used by Say Anything in the studio and out: amps, guitars, effects, basses, drums-- whatever!
TheZachMarlow
Minnesota

Post by TheZachMarlow » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 pm

so i write music, but suck at guitar. and am not getting better. I need a guitarist. help? haha
What say you! and all your friends! Step up to my friends! in the alley tonight!

Norgan
Site Admin

Re: Minnesota

Post by Norgan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Well I'm in Maryland so I can't really help too much. =(

My advice, though, is just to keep at it. Learn one song and learn it well, then move on to another one. Try stuff that's a bit too hard for you to play, you'll probably get frustrated and give up on that song, but give it a good hard try first. Come back to it a few weeks or a month or two later and you'll see how much more you can play.

Playing anything at all will always make you better, bit I think having a few goal songs to learn helps a lot.

First song I learned was Your Call by Secondhand Serenade. Very easy to play.
Norgan is a real boy!

TheZachMarlow

Post by TheZachMarlow » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:06 am

i know i can learn some, i think im just eager to record something. I mean i've been writing for years, and for some reason i do not have the coordination to play and sing hahah o well i'll keep trying till i find someone to help me out, thanks alot!
What say you! and all your friends! Step up to my friends! in the alley tonight!

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:31 am

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE....
Norgan is a real boy!

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:16 pm

The first song a man should learn is Damnit by Blink 182, Norgan. Secondhand Serenade is lame.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

crbrazil

Post by crbrazil » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:25 pm

i planned on posting an almost duplicate board for over 2 months but i never got the balls. today when i finally got the courage i read this and i'm like damn it... no one wants to do it.
was i born to sink into this couch

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:56 pm

crbrazil wrote:i planned on posting an almost duplicate board for over 2 months but i never got the balls. today when i finally got the courage i read this and i'm like damn it... no one wants to do it.

wait what did you want to do? What he asked sounds different than what you were hinting at.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Scott wrote:The first song a man should learn is Damnit by Blink 182, Norgan. Secondhand Serenade is lame.
True... true... Your Call is easier to play, though. That's all.
Norgan is a real boy!

crbrazil

Post by crbrazil » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:48 pm

i need a guitar player. like i play enough to write songs but like that's bare minimum. writing and singing is what i want. i'm willing to move and start if someone will commit. it's pretty much the same but i would go wherever.
was i born to sink into this couch

TheZachMarlow

Post by TheZachMarlow » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:13 am

dammit is probably one of the only songs i can actually play haha funny that you brought that up