Music Recommendation Thread

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
the futile
Re: Music Recommendation Thread

Post by the futile » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:42 am

CynicalCoz wrote:Weatherbox, their latest album, The Cosmic Drama is AMAZING (and needs tabs)! Best Album since Is A Real Boy.
personally i think American Art is better than Cosmic Drama
You've got to go with the motion, oh
Can you feel it in your bones?

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:28 pm

the futile wrote:
CynicalCoz wrote:Weatherbox, their latest album, The Cosmic Drama is AMAZING (and needs tabs)! Best Album since Is A Real Boy.
personally i think American Art is better than Cosmic Drama

I didn't like either of their CDs. Too preachy.. in reverse.

I've been really digging a broken up pop punk band "Aspen It Is." +2 for anyone who gets the reference of their band name.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

drugshavemymind

Post by drugshavemymind » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:08 am

Scott wrote:
the futile wrote:
CynicalCoz wrote: I've been really digging a broken up pop punk band "Aspen It Is." +2 for anyone who gets the reference of their band name.
Could you provide some links to their recordings? or if you have any upload to mediafire etc? I could only find the two on their myspace and I like them.
______

shot up through the sky by a canon of sin.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:43 am

drugshavemymind wrote: Could you provide some links to their recordings? or if you have any upload to mediafire etc? I could only find the two on their myspace and I like them.

Normally we can't do this due to legal reasons, but they're a local band from NJ who have been broken up for 2 years that were signed to what seemed to be a friends "indie label" that has since gone under as well... I think we're safe.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4ciwh7tbbs3hbth
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

drugshavemymind

Post by drugshavemymind » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:17 am

thank you so much!!
______

shot up through the sky by a canon of sin.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:09 am

tell me what you think about it, my favorites are pipe dreams and weekend in florida

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:24 pm

I've only listened to Sufjan's ILLINOISE or whatever it is. It was decent but it kinda starts to blend together like a Sigur Ros album... Okay nothing blends as much as Sigur Ros.

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:31 pm

Illinois is the best album of the last decade. His new one is great. Here is another track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTsDcjHj54M

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:09 am

This is definitely interesting. No wonder you didn't like the self titles SA cd hahaha. I like softer stuff but I really have the tastes of a 10 year old boy. Gotta have hard guitars and fast melodies or I lose interest.