Music Recommendation Thread

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Phobophobia
Re: Music Recommendation Thread

Post by Phobophobia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Scott wrote:I'm not a big fan of Forgive Durden, I prefer Gatsby's American Dream.
Funny you should mention that because i've recently been obsessed with the song "Your Only Escape" but I am not a huge fan of them.
I am a fool in love with time.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:41 pm

It depends on your tastes but if you can listen to "Theatre," "Margaritas and Cock," "My Name Is Ozymandias," and "Station 5: The Pearl" without loving them then you wont like them.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Strileckifunk

Post by Strileckifunk » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:30 pm

I recently came upon a little jewel of a band known as "The Dangerous Summer" and their already catching up to SA on my iTunes play count. These four acoustic songs are just amazing: http://www.purevolume.com/thedangeroussummer/videos

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:40 pm

You're the second person to suggest this hometown band.. Interesting. It's funny I never liked them.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:08 pm

I never got into them either. It is pretty funny how all of our local MD bands are starting to break out like this though. Anyone here heard Storm The Beaches? I'm not personally really into them, but they're good.
Norgan is a real boy!

a24angus

Post by a24angus » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Strileckifunk wrote:I recently came upon a little jewel of a band known as "The Dangerous Summer" and their already catching up to SA on my iTunes play count. These four acoustic songs are just amazing: http://www.purevolume.com/thedangeroussummer/videos
the dangerous summer is wicked awesome! i saw them live in connecticut, super awesome, expecially songs: "the permanent rain," "weathered," and "never feel alone"
Hey guys, I play drums in a band, and I fell in love with Say Anything about a year ago; hit me up with a message if you ever want to discuss Say Anything or anything at all really.

These are my days, this is how they stay, hey, hey.........hey...hey.

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:33 pm

I used to have The Dangerous Summer's Permanent Rain, on my Zune. It was so catchy.

NikleNitrate

Post by NikleNitrate » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Straylight Run =O
The excitement is building! November 1st!

"They say if you love then you're doomed
We say you're so boring and blind"

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:28 pm

NikleNitrate wrote:Straylight Run =O

personally liked their debut alot but afterwards they started getting too weird for my tastes

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:05 pm

Scott wrote:
NikleNitrate wrote:Straylight Run =O
personally liked their debut alot but afterwards they started getting too weird for my tastes
I agree for the most part. I liked the EP almost as much as the self-titled album, especially Hands In The Sky.

You might like The Hush Sound if you like Straylight!
Norgan is a real boy!