What else could be done to PlaySa.

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Norgan
Site Admin
Re: What else could be done to PlaySa.

Post by Norgan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:35 pm

I was thinking more of a general public chat. We'll see what can be done.
Norgan is a real boy!

david_style6

Post by david_style6 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Facebook is just 1 on 1 chatting. i was thinking about a chat so everyone can talk at once
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:40 pm

thats true... although a chat defeats the purpose of a forum to an extent... but maybe in the future when we have tons of people that would work best. I dont think we have the people to sustain a chat. it'll normally only be 3 people at any given time, or none.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

matthewshood

Post by matthewshood » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Scott wrote:thats true... although a chat defeats the purpose of a forum to an extent... but maybe in the future when we have tons of people that would work best. I dont think we have the people to sustain a chat. it'll normally only be 3 people at any given time, or none.
Yeah, you're right. I think it would cheapen the forum experience quite a bit. I had thought on the same idea but decided that it wouldn't ultimately be for the best. I think something that could be cool to have would be an entire forum section dedicated to covers. Maybe as we get more people recording and posting covers a whole new section just for covers could be opened up the same way you have sections for Song Meanings and Tabs.. And it could be organized by album.. Example, upon entering the IDOTG cover forum you could then view topics specific to each song within the album.. When you enter the "We Killed It" cover section you can view and comment on all the covers posted of that particular song. I think this could be an effective way to organize covers as more and more are posted. Something to think about.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:39 pm

At one point we started in that direction Matthew but the problem was not alot of people posted.. so it kinda blew that idea outta the water.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

matthewshood

Post by matthewshood » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Yeah, and I can understand why you guys didn't go that route with so little activity. Maybe with all these new members coming in it could be made possible in the future though. Maybe we could message people on youtube that we see covering SA songs and invite them to join the site and post their covers? If the site catches their interest enough it might encourage them to stay and keep recording new covers and post them. I think that when you get to meet up with Jeff again to film him playing some songs we'll see some more traffic as well.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:32 pm

Yeah definitely. I think a few things coming up may bump up the popularity but I can't speak of them yet...

I think Norgan has been trying to message those people actually. I think he may have stopped after we got that huge boost.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:33 pm

@cvankeeken wrote:@playsayanything ...can you start a forum for downloads... as in people can put up files and I can download them... yeah.
via twitter.

Noted. And responded to. You sure are an enthusiastic girl, that's for sure, hahaha.
Norgan is a real boy!

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:02 pm

@jason_howerton wrote:@playsayanything, well lets create an original song thread! For those such as myself who will be submitting original work
via twitter.

Noted.
Norgan is a real boy!

crbrazil

Post by crbrazil » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:35 pm

btw, the music download thing you were talking about. aboutfalling.com is ally you need. it has everything that you can't buy or isn't super new
was i born to sink into this couch