Introduce yourselves

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Scott
Legend
Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:38 am

Brittzkrieg wrote: Yeah I didn't buy SC2 for the same reason. I did play beta though, because free is always okay with me. I never did play Diablo and I'm really regretting it now. I was thinking about playing it this winter break, since I usually install some overly time consuming game over the break between semesters.

A mac? My god, man! What are you doing? You aren't into video editing or something of that nature are you? There's no other reason for those silly things. :D You should play Machinarium if you haven't already. That should be available to you via steam. And of course there's always DoD. Gotta love DoD.
Definitely buy Diablo 1 and 2 and play through them both. Play Diablo 2 on closed Bnet and Diablo 1 single player. It's definitely worth catching up on.

Yeah I actually record music and do audio editing and I really liked Logic (no dongle, hate dongles) so I went with Mac. It's been a great investment and I can still play the games that matter.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

ButThatBelt

Post by ButThatBelt » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:38 am

I hate both of you...
Oh, we could blame it on our hands...

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:39 am

I already gave him the Mac talk, but Steam is starting to make that discussion harder with it's mac support.

Don't forget to mention Braid. Amazing little game!
Norgan is a real boy!

Brittzkrieg

Post by Brittzkrieg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:39 am

Norgan wrote:
Brittzkrieg wrote:I used to play CS 1.6 every day for yeeeeears.
I think I love you. You used to play competitively I'm guessing if you played that long?
I've been playing since 02 or so. I guess I have no life or something like that. I've been in cal-main for a while, once with my team rca, and second with my friends' team face the Music.
Yeah, I played competitively for awhile, but I had to pick between that and getting my Computer Science degree at one point and I was silly enough to choose programming. I used to go to Summer and Winter CPL and WCG, etc etc. Nowadays, I only attend Quakecon, but it's fantastic. Asus gave me a free PC this year and I caught a Razer headset. lol. Gotta love swag.

You still play CS 1.6 or have you betrayed us all and gone to source, where the hitboxes are big enough for a 3 year to get a headshot?
Never fear, Gordon, she's de-beaked and completely harmless. The worst she might do is attempt to couple with your head. Fruitlessly!

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:40 am

Norgan wrote:I already gave him the Mac talk, but Steam is starting to make that discussion harder with it's mac support.

Don't forget to mention Braid. Amazing little game!

Got that for Xbox though. 2D platformers without a controller make no sense to me from Mega Man games. I made a Mega Man fansite when I was 11 or 12. bwahahah when people still used tripod and aol and geocities... and lycos!!
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:41 am

Brittzkrieg wrote:
Norgan wrote:
Brittzkrieg wrote:I used to play CS 1.6 every day for yeeeeears.
I think I love you. You used to play competitively I'm guessing if you played that long?
I've been playing since 02 or so. I guess I have no life or something like that. I've been in cal-main for a while, once with my team rca, and second with my friends' team face the Music.
Yeah, I played competitively for awhile, but I had to pick between that and getting my Computer Science degree at one point and I was silly enough to choose programming. I used to go to Summer and Winter CPL and WCG, etc etc. Nowadays, I only attend Quakecon, but it's fantastic. Asus gave me a free PC this year and I caught a Razer headset. lol. Gotta love swag.

You still play CS 1.6 or have you betrayed us all and gone to source, where the hitboxes are big enough for a 3 year to get a headshot?

Okay now you two should get a room. nerds! hahaha

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:45 am

Dude wtf, I'm a CS major also. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Source? HELL NO! I play source sometimes because some time ago my friend swore off 1.6, but that's just for pubs and death-match. The game's too easy! I still scrim a bunch with my old ftM friends, play some Eve online. That's only a few times a week these days, though.
Norgan is a real boy!

Brittzkrieg

Post by Brittzkrieg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:46 am

Scott wrote:
Brittzkrieg wrote: Yeah I didn't buy SC2 for the same reason. I did play beta though, because free is always okay with me. I never did play Diablo and I'm really regretting it now. I was thinking about playing it this winter break, since I usually install some overly time consuming game over the break between semesters.

A mac? My god, man! What are you doing? You aren't into video editing or something of that nature are you? There's no other reason for those silly things. :D You should play Machinarium if you haven't already. That should be available to you via steam. And of course there's always DoD. Gotta love DoD.
Definitely buy Diablo 1 and 2 and play through them both. Play Diablo 2 on closed Bnet and Diablo 1 single player. It's definitely worth catching up on.

Yeah I actually record music and do audio editing and I really liked Logic (no dongle, hate dongles) so I went with Mac. It's been a great investment and I can still play the games that matter.
Ah well I approve then. *stamps document*
Never fear, Gordon, she's de-beaked and completely harmless. The worst she might do is attempt to couple with your head. Fruitlessly!

Brittzkrieg

Post by Brittzkrieg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:49 am

Norgan wrote:Dude wtf, I'm a CS major also. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Source? HELL NO! I play source sometimes because some time ago my friend swore off 1.6, but that's just for pubs and death-match. The game's too easy! I still scrim a bunch with my old ftM friends, play some Eve online. That's only a few times a week these days, though.
Good answer. I've never played Eve online. How is it? Yeah, I wish I had infinitely more time to game. I feel like I can never catch up. I haven't even finished Fallout 3 yet. How sad is that?

And yeah, I graduated with my B.S. in comp sci and minors in math and tech writing this past May. I'm working on an MBA right now, but I'm on the verge of possibly changing my mind.

Brittzkrieg

Post by Brittzkrieg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:52 am

Scott wrote: Okay now you two should get a room. nerds! hahaha
Bah! What an orgy of critics...