Introduce yourselves

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
MakingthisCount
Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by MakingthisCount » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Oh hey, there.
My name is Chelsie and my birthday is tomorrow actually. I'll be 20. Like most of you (though I should hope ALL of you) I have an obsession with Say Anything. They've been my favorite band since I was 13 and I've been going to their Minneapolis, MN concerts since I was 16 (parents wouldn't let me before then, sadly).

Anywhozzle, I still remember the first song of theirs I heard. It was High School Low and me being an angsty 13 year old, thought it fit PERFECTLY with what I was going through. I just started playing Guitar last year and found this website today thanks to Jeff Turner's twitter. I'm not by any means any good, but I do try with my self-teaching (lessons are obnoxiously expensive around here). From the first time I heard Say Anything, I knew I would really love this band. Low and behold I do. My favorite album - rather an EP - would probably have to be Menorah\Majora.

To sum it up, I'm Chelsie, I live in Minneapolis and I work part time as a writer and I'm a full time student.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Welcome, Chelsie!

I've been self-teaching myself guitar, along with help from my friend who also self-taught himself. It can get frustrating in the early years, but as long as you have songs that you NEED to learn, you'll always keep learning more! (About 80% of the songs I know are by Say Anything or The Ataris =P)

Coming here will helped me out a LOT. If you need any help just ask around on the forums! =D
Norgan is a real boy!

UpbeatDown

Post by UpbeatDown » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:07 am

How have I missed this site all this time??? I've been looking for half of these songs everywhere and couldn't get tabs.

Anyways, I'm Colten. Just about 21, live up in Canada and I'm getting my degree in exercise science. I'm self-teaching myself guitar, piano and singing. If I get enough money to buy Coby's drums before they're gone, I'm gonna learn those too haha. I've been obsessed with SA since the first time I heard them (2005?) when I had to ask someone what song they were playing as I walked by. Went home, downloaded a few songs, bought each album (multiple times....I've bought 5 copies of IARB now, lol) and I still listen to them every day.

Oh, and I have a few (mostly partial) pieces of SA sheet music I could put up if anyone's interested.

Mailliw

Post by Mailliw » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:34 am

Haha, Yeah I can say I have bought a few copies of IARB as well. One will stop working and instead of doing the logical thing (burning a new copy) I go out and buy another. And happy b-day Chelise! Oct. birthdays ftw!

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:25 am

cvankeeken wrote:Anyway, I'm Chloe. I live in Toronto, Ontario. I write for television during the day and watch television at night. I am so fascinating.

I love you.
What do you watch?

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:14 pm

Hey there!

My name is Jamilah, I'm 19 and I'm from San Diego, CA. (No, not the whale's vagina xP)
You can call me Jams, Jammy or Jamillionaire (:
I'm a music loving, vlogging thespian.
In case there is some confusion of that last statement:
I LOVE music. It's my passion. I support local bands here in San Diego, run a street team for
my best friend's band and work merch for multiple bands here.
Vlogging. I sit in front of a camera and talk. Then I upload it to YouTube.
Sometimes I take my camera and vlog in fun places.
If you still don't get it... I have YT channel.
youtube.com/user/jamilahrebekah
Thespian. No, not lesbian. Thespian as in ACTOR.
I love theatre immensely and want to do technical theatre as a career.
I've been a theatre kid for 4 and a half years now. :]

That's all (:
"you're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead." [02.25.10]

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:50 pm

nice to have you jams. I tried a easier version of a vlog (a blog) once and gave up within a few days. tried it again and gave up again. that takes dedication!! good for you.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

samanthaklaver

Post by samanthaklaver » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:32 pm

hi! I'm Samantha, I've been a Say Anything fan for yearssss. I'm 17, I live in a po-dunk little town in New York. I can't sing for shizz, but that does not stop me from busting out into SA jams whenever I get the chance. SA gets me through every problem/mile stone I've ever had. oh, and just some random nonsense not-SA related... I am really into criminal forensics, I love photography and reading, and piercings. :)

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Vlogs are fun, but I find I end up sounding dumber than I am, and I always forget anything I intended to say. I think I should restart Star Trek style;
"Captain's Log: Stardate 64248 ... "

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:48 pm

OneHeartAtATime wrote:Vlogs are fun, but I find I end up sounding dumber than I am, and I always forget anything I intended to say. I think I should restart Star Trek style;
"Captain's Log: Stardate 64248 ... "

that will keep you on track. we're buying my dad the star trek next generation complete DVD box set ($400!?!?!?) for his birthday.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.