Introduce yourselves

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Norgan
Site Admin
Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by Norgan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:04 am

Eve is quite simply the greatest video game ever created. The problem is, that's not what everyone is looking for. The game's story and gameplay complement each other so well, and they are both VERY deep and involved. If you like space ships, space politics, space battles, space races, space food, space prostitutes, space aliens, space romance, space genocide, or space anything... you'll love Eve. The only downsides to Eve are the HUGE learning curve (which isn't so bad if you have at least one friend to play with) and the level of involvement it requires... however, if you love the game you'll actually see those downsides as part of why the game is the greatest.

I gave up on staying up to date with videogames years ago. I don't own an xbox or playstation 3, and I only buy new PC games when I feel like it, or when ALL of my friends are playing them, or when they're released by Blizzard or Valve. So I've not actually played any of the fallout games, or halo, or bioshock, or mass effect... how sad is THAT?!
Norgan is a real boy!

Brittzkrieg

Post by Brittzkrieg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:08 am

Norgan wrote:Eve is quite simply the greatest video game ever created. The problem is, that's not what everyone is looking for. The game's story and gameplay complement each other so well, and they are both VERY deep and involved. If you like space ships, space politics, space battles, space races, space food, space prostitutes, space aliens, space romance, space genocide, or space anything... you'll love Eve. The only downsides to Eve are the HUGE learning curve (which isn't so bad if you have at least one friend to play with) and the level of involvement it requires... however, if you love the game you'll actually see those downsides as part of why the game is the greatest.

I gave up on staying up to date with videogames years ago. I don't own an xbox or playstation 3, and I only buy new PC games when I feel like it, or when ALL of my friends are playing them, or when they're released by Blizzard or Valve. So I've not actually played any of the fallout games, or halo, or bioshock, or mass effect... how sad is THAT?!
Well considering the fact that I think Star Trek is the greatest thing ever, I dig space. I may give that a shot sometime soon. It isn't resource intensive is it? My main desktop beast is on the fritz currently. You simply must play Mass Effect, especially if you enjoy "space ships, space politics, space battles, space races, space food, space prostitutes, space aliens, space romance, space genocide, or space anything" so much.
Never fear, Gordon, she's de-beaked and completely harmless. The worst she might do is attempt to couple with your head. Fruitlessly!

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:14 am

Hahaha. I know... I had played a bit of the beginning maybe 2 years ago, but I didn't quite get into it yet, and before I could get far I got distracted with other things. I don't have a copy anymore, but I am planning on getting to it some time when I actually have more free time.

And no, Eve isn't too resource intensive. It can be with maxed video settings, but with reasonable settings you can play it on some older setups no problem.
Norgan is a real boy!

matthewshood

Post by matthewshood » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi, my name is Matthew from Mississippi. I'm so excited to see the Say Anything guys encouraging people to check out this site! It gave me the final nudge I needed to come and register. I play guitar, sing, and write as well. I really hope that this site sees a lot more activity, I think it deserves it.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:54 pm

So how long have you been playing, Matthew? And you've been using this site for tabs for a while now?
Norgan is a real boy!

matthewshood

Post by matthewshood » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Uhh, lets see.. This Christmas I will have been playing guitar for four years. Well, I'm not really sure how long I've been using it. I'd surf the web for SA tabs and this place always seemed to have the most accurate ones. I think I may have found the site through a video that Scott posted of him playing Every Man Has A Molly. I've had my own EMHAM cover up for about six months so I've been using the site here and there for at least that long.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:07 pm

That's awesome to hear! Yeah my tab of EMHHM is a different arrangement of what they play live but it is alittle more complex as well. I think it also may be how max played it on the record. I just noticed this the last time I saw them live and Jake played the intro at the 5th fret.

But dude I'm glad you've joined make sure you post your cover so we can check it out in a thread. I should make a thread for SA covers.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

matthewshood

Post by matthewshood » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Scott wrote:That's awesome to hear! Yeah my tab of EMHHM is a different arrangement of what they play live but it is alittle more complex as well. I think it also may be how max played it on the record. I just noticed this the last time I saw them live and Jake played the intro at the 5th fret.

But dude I'm glad you've joined make sure you post your cover so we can check it out in a thread. I should make a thread for SA covers.

Yeah! I can hear a difference between the live and recorded version and what they play live does sound a little less complicated. As far as the 5th fret thing, I think it's just another way to play it since the intro you tabbed out starts on the unfretted 4th string.. which is a D.. And so is the second string fifth fret.. So you could play it both ways and it would be exactly the same aside from hand position. Maybe he feels more comfortable playing it in that position sometimes or something. I dno. Haha. The first time I looked at your tab for it and tried to play it I was like.. There's no way this is right.. Lol. But it was! It just wasn't communicating to me at the time. I think I may re-record my cover cause I feel like I can play/sing it muuuuuch better now. I think I'm the only person on youtube that plays it and sings it at the same time.

afflictionate

Post by afflictionate » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:30 pm

hey everyone, my name is shauni. i'm from wisconsin. i found this place because of max's tweet, and i was super excited because i was actually thinking about starting a say anything forum and i'm glad someone already did.

errr don't really know what else to add. i've seen say anything once, and i'll be seeing them again in two weeks!

Ms.BlackEyeliner

Post by Ms.BlackEyeliner » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi all! I'm Jasmine from Minnesota. Absolutely loving the site and discussions! So excited to hear what other SA fans have to say. Muah!
"You could hit me or whip me, I'd savor each lash"