Introduce yourselves

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
drugshavemymind
Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by drugshavemymind » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Thom, from New Zealand. Played guitar/bass for two years, drums for half a year and am learning piano now. Stoked on Say Anything, they got me through all the shit in my life. I play in a pop/punk band myself. Though quite different to Say Anything; more of a blues-influenced punk. I like King of the Hill and science-fiction.
______

shot up through the sky by a canon of sin.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:54 pm

Nice to have you. This site was almost all Marylanders for awhile so it's good to be branching out. Invite your friends!
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

drugshavemymind

Post by drugshavemymind » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:31 am

You have no idea how in love I am with this site. NONE of my friends like Say Anything (they're all into their indieindie music and just hate anything that isn't..) It's pretty shit, I can't talk about the music I like/punk etc.
______

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:08 pm

There are no questions above on this page, so I'll make my own. [:

I'm Kristina, I play acoustic guitar and violin, and I need to hop on buying an electric. I go to AACC full time and am on the hunt for a job. Let's see ... most of my Zune is filled with metal-esque music; Avenged Sevenfold, Escape the Fate, FFDP,Lamb of God, Rise Against that type of thing. Which is WAY different than how it used to be, which was filled with things like Fall Out Boy and All Time Low, but they are gone now! I also have a weird taste for Kottonmouth Kings and Tech N9ne. Oh, and OF COURSE, Say Anything.

Hm...what else. I am weird, I can't wear the same outfit within a month, I'm afraid someone will notice that I've already worn it, and my closet is color-coded. I drive a '97 Cavalier, and I have a piggy bank, who's on display on my desk. That's pretty hardcore in my opinion.

Uhm...I can't think of anything else weird at the moment. Soo ... if you could make one thing legal that was currently illegal, what would it be and why?

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:07 pm

The names TJ. I go to Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), I'm 20 years young. I have a burly ass beard. I just recently started playing guitar (coming up on 3 yrs). It was a slow start for me and say anything, started with Wow, I can get sexual too. The song really didnt do much for me, almost came off as novelty at first. Luckily I also downloaded a couple other songs later and I was hooked. Say anything has "been with me" through all of high school, multiple relationships and heart aches, many loses and many gains (idk if that makes sense) the one thing that i love about them is there is a song that can fit ANY emotion. I've sadly only seen SA three times, met and hugged max. I can honestly say that I've let say anything have a role in creating the type of person I am.

One thing I would make legal that is illegal would be (and I hope this doesnt start a big discussion or anything) marijuana.

What was the first song that really made you say "wow.. i think i love them". Not so much the first song you heard, but the one that you listened to over and over again.

ViroHasAQuest

Post by ViroHasAQuest » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Hello my name's Kelvin. I am 19 year old from new york and while I've been trying to learn guitar for the past year or so, i still can move my finger around the frets all that well. I do like to sing so I'm not a complete lost cause when it comes to musical performances. Like the guy before me i found SA through "wow, I can get sexual too," I downloaded a couple songs from IARB afterwords. I didnt completely fall in love with them until i got the complete album a year and a half ago. I cant really sum up why i liked it so much but i dont think i need to.
The first song i heard of there's that made me really like em would probably be Alive with the glory of love. I don't know i just ate that song up. I mean what better way to start a love song with a line on how you'd screw her in public?

Question to the next person:
what was the last SA song you listened to?

drugshavemymind

Post by drugshavemymind » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:53 am

tgreg wrote:The names TJ. I go to Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), I'm 20 years young. I have a burly ass beard. I just recently started playing guitar (coming up on 3 yrs). It was a slow start for me and say anything, started with Wow, I can get sexual too. The song really didnt do much for me, almost came off as novelty at first. Luckily I also downloaded a couple other songs later and I was hooked. Say anything has "been with me" through all of high school, multiple relationships and heart aches, many loses and many gains (idk if that makes sense) the one thing that i love about them is there is a song that can fit ANY emotion. I've sadly only seen SA three times, met and hugged max. I can honestly say that I've let say anything have a role in creating the type of person I am.

One thing I would make legal that is illegal would be (and I hope this doesnt start a big discussion or anything) marijuana.

What was the first song that really made you say "wow.. i think i love them". Not so much the first song you heard, but the one that you listened to over and over again.

.. are.. are you me in the future? (probably sounding fucking stalkerish) but that is exactly how I felt/feel about Say Anything. fuckkk.
______

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:42 am

drugshavemymind wrote:
tgreg wrote:The names TJ. I go to Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), I'm 20 years young. I have a burly ass beard. I just recently started playing guitar (coming up on 3 yrs). It was a slow start for me and say anything, started with Wow, I can get sexual too. The song really didnt do much for me, almost came off as novelty at first. Luckily I also downloaded a couple other songs later and I was hooked. Say anything has "been with me" through all of high school, multiple relationships and heart aches, many loses and many gains (idk if that makes sense) the one thing that i love about them is there is a song that can fit ANY emotion. I've sadly only seen SA three times, met and hugged max. I can honestly say that I've let say anything have a role in creating the type of person I am.

.. are.. are you me in the future? (probably sounding fucking stalkerish) but that is exactly how I felt/feel about Say Anything. fuckkk.

Haha hey, great minds think a like! But I think we all someone feel similar to this in some way, the lyrics are just too poetic and powerful not to feel emotionally attached to.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:09 am

just to butt in, the first song that had me hooked on them was The Futile. I was floating in a pool hanging out with some guys and I had brought over SA to listen to since I had just *cough* acquired it and when that song came on I was like... woah... and then I listened to it several times and then the rest was history.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Haha, just say it Scott! I have no shame in saying I downloaded everything by Say Anything... but I wound up buying the LPs and CDs later even though I had the mp3s because I support the band so much.

Song the that me into Say Anything was a mix of Belt and Alive With the Glory of Love. My friend had me download him a few of the songs for him (Belt, Alive, Slowly). I didn't like them so much at first... but then the ending to Belt got stuck in my head, and I REALLY liked it. Then I took another listen to Alive, and I was in love.
Norgan is a real boy!