Introduce yourselves

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Psyre
Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by Psyre » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:41 am

Hey, I'm Tyler, I'm from Ypsilanti, Michigan (in between Ann Arbor and Detroit). I am a freshman at Harding, a mid-sized private university in unknown Searcy, Arkansas (Near Little Rock). I am a Psychology Major.
I have been playing Guitar for 9 years. I also play Banjo, Drums, Piano, and the recorder... I can't play Every Man Has a Molly, but other than that I love playing SA requests for my friends. I went to a small private school and pride myself in converting 10 of the 14 kids in my class into pretty hardcore SA fans. My Favorite shows are The Office, Lost, and Doctor Who.
As for the question, "Which Album I relate to most":
I would have to say currently it's The early songs like "Thoughts on Liberal Education" and "Into the Night" and pretty much every other song on Baseball and the Dormroom Demos, because I have really had a horrible time with the drama being a college freshman can bring, and an even worse time dealing with a sucky ex. But I must admit, so far this semester things have been looking positive and Hopefully in a couple weeks It will be the new self-titled album that I am relating most with (I listen to Do Better every morning on the way to class haha).

Ok, my question is: What is your earliest memory of Say Anything? Mine is this, My sister had come home on Christmas break after her freshman year of college, 4 years ago, and had TONS of new music so I added a bunch, I had my ipod on shuffle while we were on a trip and the demo version of "I want to know your plans" came on, and I was just blown away, I had never connected with a lyrical/writing style like I did at that moment.

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:59 am

Psyre wrote:Hey, I'm Tyler, I'm from Ypsilanti, Michigan (in between Ann Arbor and Detroit). I am a freshman at Harding, a mid-sized private university in unknown Searcy, Arkansas (Near Little Rock). I am a Psychology Major.
I know two people who go to Harding.

Psyre

Post by Psyre » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Hah, so I have to edit this, because I thought your sig was referring to what Harding will do to one's head.. until I saw it on another post haha. That's really cool, somehow through 5,000 people in this entire planet we connect.

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:54 pm

Psyre wrote:Hah, so I have to edit this, because I thought your sig was referring to what Harding will do to one's head.. until I saw it on another post haha. That's really cool, somehow through 5,000 people in this entire planet we connect.
One of them is really big in the Ultimate team they have on there. I think he went to Chile this semester, unless something happened.

Psyre

Post by Psyre » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:28 am

ahh, a couple guys in my frat are on the ultimate team. That's really cool. I will be doing a similar study like chile next year but I chose to go to Greece instead.

david_style6

Post by david_style6 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:00 pm

I'm David from San Antonio, TX. i kind of feel out of place because everyone else that posted is in college XD. But im a junior and go to Clark HS. My grades are kind of bad because after 6 months im still trying to adjust to going to school then to work. :P In my spare time i play guitar and make videos. I recently had this urge to be in a band, so i got a couple of friends and made one. we're gonna be covering Say Anything so hopefully you guys will like that .

first Say Anything memory? I saw them at warped tour but i didnt get into them until a year later when i heard AWTGOL and downloaded IARB and the rest is history.

next question. if Max asked you to sing with him onstage would you do it and what song would it be?
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

FL-Saint

Post by FL-Saint » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:31 am

Hi, I'm Luke. I play piano and bass and am picking up piano.
I'm an honors pre-law kid going to OSU...
I cant work. There's too many wars overseas. There's too much creative juice in me...to focus in on that.

zackw123

Post by zackw123 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:39 pm

Hey fellas, I'm Zack. I go to a community college in Knoxville, TN for recording and plan on transferring to MTSU. I play guitar. I love SA. I'm getting a pretty good ear so if you ever need help tabbing something out, hit me up!

Dreaming/Manhattan

Post by Dreaming/Manhattan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:55 am

My name is Michael. I've only been playing guitar for two years but seem to have a knack for it. The third song I ever learned was Every Man Has a Molly, because I'd gone through a bad breakup and a friend introduced me to the song later that night. I'm 20 and recently left a satellite college of USC.

I recently learned how to sing and play simultaneously, the need having presented itself when my vocalist went to college. I have to credit Max Bemis as my biggest influence, both vocally and lyrically.

I got turned on to this site at a local guitar center (Matthews, North Carolina, but I live in Lancaster, South Carolina) when a more experienced guitarist got a chuckle out of my acoustic cover of Baseball But Better and gave me the url.

Answering the last question: if I were to play with Max live, just the two of us, I'd want to step outside the boundaries and cover Bayside's "Don't Call Me Peanut". I think it'd be an interesting experience. If I were limited to Say Anything songs, it'd be an acoustic version of Dreaming of Manhattan or Try To Remember, Forget.

Next question: We love Bemis's voice, obviously, but who reigns supreme as Say Anything's best backup vocals in your opinion? Please exclude the guest appearances on In Defense.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Dreaming that's actually a really interesting story. Someone gave you the URL??
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.