Introduce yourselves

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
drugshavemymind
Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by drugshavemymind » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:27 pm

First song I heard was Wow, I was like 14? I thought it was so funny (I mean, he's clearly taking the piss!) So I investigated more (in truth I thought he was like a punk/rock equivalent of Weird Al Yankovic) and fuck was I blown away by how amazing it was. I can't go a day without listening to Say Anything. He also got me into the whole scene. But I think what got me hooked entirely would be It's a Metaphor, Fool.
______

shot up through the sky by a canon of sin.

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:45 pm

I think mine was ehh spidersong or slowly through a vector.

david_style6

Post by david_style6 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:01 pm

i was one of those guys that listened to Alive for 30 minutes on repeat for a month. After that got semi-old i decided i would check out what else the band had to offer. Admit it became the new Alive for a while. slowly i started learning all of the songs on IARB.
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

crbrazil

Post by crbrazil » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:55 am

Hey everybody,

My name is conner brazil. i am from the middle of nowhere east texas and now i'm a freshman at Texas A&M. I do own a cowboy hat but it's to work in. i don't ride a horse to walmart or any other cliche southern thing. I'm going for civil engineering and physics. i love modern physics. i also like political science a lot so maybe i'll do more with that later. Music is everything. i play and write all the fuckin time. it's just too risky to try and make a career out of without a back up plan so it's a hobby for now. I hate country music and that's all everyone listens to here. i grew up on a farm actually. chopping wood is my favorite but building fence is what people do in hell(that's how much it blows). i'm pretty open minded which means i hate it here. i'm indecisive. i hate talking about myself and i don't really have any pride.

i can't remember when i first heard say anything, like which song(s) but i remember connecting to it better than i ever had anything else ever. i love all the albums because there is one part of me always satisfied with them. i think the song that sold me was this is fucking ecstasy. i had heard the other stuff before and loved it but that's the song that floored me. I'm bi polar and it describes my second like manic break better than i can. Since that is still an issue even now, it fits me. (btw i don't usually proclaim that or look for sympathy. i suppose it's just not a song most people really hype about and i assumed i should explain why it's so special.)

what are some of your three favorite movies?

(in no order) mine are 1) Fight Club 2) American Beauty 3) Smokin Aces
was i born to sink into this couch

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:15 am

Really brazil is just your last name? I figured you were from brazil and proud of it. Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else hahaha. Physics huh? Interesting.... SMOKIN ACES!? Like I love Jeremy Piven but I did not get into that movie... Might be just me though.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

crbrazil

Post by crbrazil » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:37 am

i love smokin aces because of ryan reynolds and his character. i think he did an amazing job. the end of the movie totally caught me by surprise and was the best like resolution or whatever. you just had to get through the garbage to see it
was i born to sink into this couch

Mailliw

Post by Mailliw » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:34 pm

My name is Will, I'm from MD as well. Ive been listening to SA since late 06. Id say the songs that really got me into them were belt and spidersong. I have seen them in concert 6 times and am looking forward to seeing them again. I dotn watch alot of TV but I like sports and family guy and I LOVE Metalocalypse.

Top 3 movies: 1)Wedding Crashers. 2)Little Giants 3)Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (You know, the live action ones)

Next Question: How would you spend $10,000 if you won the lottery?

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Yo, Will! How's it going?

HEY EVERYONE, WILL'S 21ST BIRTHDAY IS NEXT WEEK!
Norgan is a real boy!

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 pm

UH OH ANOTHER MDer WITH A BIRTHDAY! My 21st I didn't do anything so will enjoy.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

cvankeeken

Post by cvankeeken » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:43 pm

I'M CHLOE! I hope you said that in a loud obnoxious voice. I love Say Anything, I love the movie Say Anything as well, but I guess I'll go to another message board to talk about that... and John Cusak's long eyelashes... standing in the rain... sigh... oh right, writing this thing.

The first time I heard Say Anything I was sitting in my friends dorm room in grade 11 (2005) and she played me an acoustic version of "I want to know your plans." I died. I was in love. I was in dead-love. I haven't turned them off since... Okay that's a lie, I turned off most of "In Defense of the Genre" but I still appreciate it as an album. My favourite SA album is self-titled and my favourite songs are She Won't Follow You, Eloise, Crush'd... ah fuck, I love the whole thing.

Anyway, I'm Chloe. I live in Toronto, Ontario. I write for television during the day and watch television at night. I am so fascinating.

I love you.
I have a strange infirmity, which is nothing to those that know me.