Introduce yourselves

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Scott
Legend
Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:52 pm

matthewshood wrote:
Scott wrote:That's awesome to hear! Yeah my tab of EMHHM is a different arrangement of what they play live but it is alittle more complex as well. I think it also may be how max played it on the record. I just noticed this the last time I saw them live and Jake played the intro at the 5th fret.

But dude I'm glad you've joined make sure you post your cover so we can check it out in a thread. I should make a thread for SA covers.

Yeah! I can hear a difference between the live and recorded version and what they play live does sound a little less complicated. As far as the 5th fret thing, I think it's just another way to play it since the intro you tabbed out starts on the unfretted 4th string.. which is a D.. And so is the second string fifth fret.. So you could play it both ways and it would be exactly the same aside from hand position. Maybe he feels more comfortable playing it in that position sometimes or something. I dno. Haha. The first time I looked at your tab for it and tried to play it I was like.. There's no way this is right.. Lol. But it was! It just wasn't communicating to me at the time. I think I may re-record my cover cause I feel like I can play/sing it muuuuuch better now. I think I'm the only person on youtube that plays it and sings it at the same time.
Make sure you post that cover in the new cover thread! I'm glad you got the tab down. It seemed weird to me because it was so complicated and I never noticed it being so complicated when I listened, but to play all the parts on one guitar definitely made the piece come to life. I'm glad it helped you out and I'd love to see you play it.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:54 pm

welcome shauni and jasmine! Great to have you guys- look forward to chatting. :D
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

NikleNitrate

Hi

Post by NikleNitrate » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:38 pm

I'm Nicole, Huge Say Anything fan, duh of course, I wouldn't have stumbled onto this website if I wasn't, really excited to see if I get to be a part of something big here, and for the band. Gotta love 'em, lyrics are crazy o.o really get me through some times :]
The excitement is building! November 1st!

"They say if you love then you're doomed
We say you're so boring and blind"

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:05 pm

It's nice to have you Nicole! Possibly a pokemon fan?

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Man. Page 10. It's getting busy on here! (:

ShameLess

Post by ShameLess » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Hey, I'm Jen. I was attempting to read everyone's introduction posts but there's a lot now, so I'll go back and read the 5 pages I missed. Hah. Well, music is a huge part of my life, mostly Say Anything, obviously. I'm also an artist, I'm an art major at University of Louisville, a little over half way through school. I would really like to do album covers, as one of my art projects. I'm going to see Say Anything in November, in Cinci and hopefully New Jersey. Glad to find this place since I meet so many people that don't even know who SA are.

My favorite song changes, right now it's between Retarded in Love and Shameless.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:14 pm

Yeah it may be pretty hard to read through the whole thread. We just got so popular ahahaa

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm sooooo glad we didnt close. :)

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Me too, cause this my new interweb hangout! (:

bugsandsnakes

Post by bugsandsnakes » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:13 am

hey, my name is Brett. Been into SA since 2006, seen then play only once but I'm gonna see them in a couple weeks. I've met Max once and me and my girlfriend spent that lovely time chiding him for not playing Cemetery.
Calmly gorging myself