Convince me to watch Lost, and then discuss.

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
DhamaBum
Re: Convince me to watch Lost, and then discuss.

Post by DhamaBum » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Hahaha dont even sweat, what you had constructed was easily a million times better than that fucking cop out of an ending they gave. Dont get me wrong, I love the series as a whole, and I always will but FUCK that was STUPID. It's like "Well we've built all this up and now have too much to answer with no time, nevermind billions of the question are irrelevent so..... lets just do this stupid random plot device we SAID WE WOULDNT DO FROM SEASON ONE and run with it."

My autistic neighbor could have wrapped it up in a better way. I'm so mad they took that road. Really, like the first thing they say in every creative writing class is(minor spoiler if you dont know what happened)
Spoiler:
Dont ever play out a scenario, and lead the reader on and then just have it be a dream, or a death sequence that is revealed later. they will hate you for it.
Maybe it will grow on me, and maybe it was just one of the most convenient endings to use, and like I said I still love it as a whole, but fuck... Nothing is even resolved...

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:14 pm

I didn't feel it was a cop out at all. Really, I think I like the ending better than the idea my friend and I came up with. I was completely happy with it! =)
Norgan is a real boy!

chiben18

Post by chiben18 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:40 am

very interesting!!
Where would you like to Buy WOW Gold? Please tell me about the WOW Gold.

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:16 am

DhamaBum wrote:My autistic neighbor could have wrapped it up in a better way. I'm so mad they took that road. Really, like the first thing they say in every creative writing class is(minor spoiler if you dont know what happened)
Spoiler:
Dont ever play out a scenario, and lead the reader on and then just have it be a dream, or a death sequence that is revealed later. they will hate you for it.
I think the first thing they say in every Creative Writing class is show, don't tell.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:11 pm

May have disappeared, but that's cause I just watched Lost season 1 - 6! Disappointed on the ending though...
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:08 am

I watched the entire SERIES of Lost in approximately a month... perhaps less than that. (I watched so much because I wanted to be caught up completely to watch the finale on TV because I knew people would leave spoilers EVERYWHERE) I LOVED the entire show and I LOVED the ending. It was perfect. Best show on television, hands down(:
"you're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead." [02.25.10]

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:11 am

I liked the show but I don't know if I would say best, have you watched Dexter?
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:14 am

I've watched the first season but have yet to watch the rest. It's on my to do list. lol
I just finished Arrested Development, I love dry humor though. :P
"you're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead." [02.25.10]

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:16 am

Ahh I wasn't a big fan of arrested development. Man!!! Season 4 is one of the gems of television. Just amazing all the way through. The ending is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on TV.

The show I wish I could get into for humor is Entourage but I only like Jeremy Piven's character, everyone one else is bland...

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:29 am

Scott keeps saying Dexter is the best, but he's not watched Breaking Bad yet. I don't think I'll say Breaking Bad is better than Dexter [yet]... But still wanna go back and forth with someone about it maaaybe being the best. Dexter is simply amazing still.

And Arrested Development is some of the best humor I think anyone can ever see. Can't wait for the movie!
Norgan is a real boy!