For those of us who watch Dexter.... SPOILERS

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Scott
Legend
For those of us who watch Dexter.... SPOILERS

Post by Scott » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:45 pm

What did you think about the finale of season 4? I thought someone was going to die but I never though it would be ...... you know.

I wonder now though with Michael C. Hall having a cancer if they might introduce cancer to Dexter down the road.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Norgan
Site Admin

Re: For those of us who watch Dexter....

Post by Norgan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Man, my best friend made ONE comment about the finale before I watched it a day later that didn't really give anything away, but somehow I knew exactly what he was talking about. Then, while watching it, I just KNEW it was going to happen by the way the characters were acting with each other... but then the plot made that idea impossible and I was SO HAPPY! And then in the last 2 minutes they did it to me anyway.

I've had so many different feelings from watching Dexter but this was the first time I was shocked. I guess not exactly because I didn't see it coming (because from what I said above, I'm not even sure if I saw it coming or not) but because it changes SO much and I'm not sure how Dexter will deal with the changes or how I will. Season 5 is going to be pretty amazing with this setup.

And I didn't know about Michael having cancer. That's sad. =\
Norgan is a real boy!

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 pm

He has a curable one and they caught it early and it's already in remission. he's just bald now from the chemo which is why he wore a beanie at the golden globes and his eyebrows looked kinda gone as well. So if they did like a time skip or something it could be him sitting in kemo or something if Michael hasn't grown his hair back yet or something.

Who knows but I'm excited. It was way better than season 3 even though I liked season 3 it was much more predictable. Trinity was awesome.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

James

Post by James » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:53 am

I just finished watching season 2. Shit was good.

Highly doubt they'll bring cancer into the show. We've already got Breaking Bad (which, by the way, is miles better than Dexter)

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:55 pm

James wrote:I just finished watching season 2. Shit was good.

Highly doubt they'll bring cancer into the show. We've already got Breaking Bad (which, by the way, is miles better than Dexter)

Well that's blasphemy. Wait till you get to season 4 though.. Season 3 was alright but nothing like Season 4.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Scott wrote:Season 3 was alright but nothing like Season 4.
I completely understand this and don't actually disagree, but I can't say right out that I do agree either.

I think one of the awesome things about Dexter is how each season has one theme or idea that it revolves around, and this idea is highlighted or complemented by one or two of the few season-long characters that are always introduced. I won't say that season 3 was as good as season 4 in general- season 4 was definitely a lot more exciting, dramatic, and suspenseful... and I can't deny I loved the guest stars way more in season 4. But as far as the seasons' themes and how the plot played with them, I think season 3 was just as good and possibly better than season 4.

But yeah, I liked season 4 better myself too.
Norgan is a real boy!

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Yes it had a theme in each season, but even as one of the producers (I think?) said in an interview, that the pacing of season 3 was staggered and lacking in some respects, and especially when you consider killing off the MAIN rival (prado) the episode before the finale. So it kinda ended on a wimper compared to what it could have been. Also, I think the biggest problem with season 3 was it just felt like a transition... Dexter was the same character from season 2 and there was barely any growth until the last few episodes. He was kinda moving along in the beginning but stalled and then started, where in season 4 we got to see him well after the baby had happened and we just saw a brand new character Dexter than before. I think thats what I enjoyed most about the season. He goes from a calculated mastermind that never makes mistakes or has emotion in the original seasons to a tired, sloppy mess that drags trinity into the kitchen and turns a knife on him completely in the moment IN FRONT OF HIS family. That was just bad ass. I mean three was necessary for him to become the way he was but the transition was a little rough.

I hated Rita though as a character and thought she was just annoying and frustrating most of the time. She was the epitome of everything I don't want in a girl. So seeing her go is very great in that respect and I'm very excited to see how Dexter responds next season. With his big ole heart now I wonder how he takes it.

James

Post by James » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:42 pm

Even though I've only finished season 2 I know about Rita just from all the people reacting to it. I hope it's not just Dexter moping for a whole season now.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:00 pm

well its possible, he has been almost moping since season 2. bla bla bla my brother. season 3 bla bla bla responsibility, season 4 bla bla bla this is hard... etc

DhamaBum

Post by DhamaBum » Mon May 10, 2010 5:26 pm

The books are much better than the series