Meeting Say Anything......

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Psyre
Meeting Say Anything......

Post by Psyre » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:41 am

How many of you guys have met the band? I'm going to see them in Chicago and I'm so excited. This will be my first time getting to see them live, and am even driving 9 hours to do so. I was just curious as to how, those of you who did, were able to meet them. They are opening for angels and airwaves and I considered heading out right after they play and see if anything happens. I know so many people who have had such great luck meeting their favorite bands, but mine has sucked. I was one person away in line from getting a meet and greet with Coheed and Cambria, I just about cried.

the futile

Re: Meeting Say Anything......

Post by the futile » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:58 am

I met the band when they played in the UK. Max and myself got drinks then the band came over and joined us, think this was just before IDOTG came out. Was good chatting, they signed my stuff.
You've got to go with the motion, oh
Can you feel it in your bones?

david_style6

Post by david_style6 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:26 am

i saw them in austin a few months back. we got there about 3 hours early. me and my friend pretty much started the line there was only one guy there. he told us we had just missed max and that he chatted up with him for a good ten minutes. i was so disappointed . then i saw parker and jake walking around it was pretty cool. eventually later on Jake started talking to us. it was a pretty great night. idk you might wanna try to get there really early.
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

Psyre

Post by Psyre » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:18 am

Sooo, I didn't get to meet them, got there about 4 hours early and was already 200 people so I went and got Chinese food. I was still able to work my way up front luckily though. It was an amazing show, however I was pissed at how short SA played. Only about 8-9 songs, was an amazing set list but didn't do a couple of my favorites that I was expecting. They played unreasonably short for a 2 band show but oh well I will be seeing them again eventually, can't wait to catch them headlining a tour.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed May 26, 2010 11:23 am

That's a bummer. I may be a little late to this, but I've met them all and I run into them basically every time I go to a show, and not on purpose. Even on headlining shows, you can see anyone besides Max somewhere in the back of the crowd watching an opening band. Max is much harder to run into but still happens. To run into any of them and have time to talk to them it's much easier to go early. And I mean early. That's true for bands in general. At 11 AM no one is at the venue but the bands and the workers. No fans. They are much more relaxed and willing to talk if you run into them outside the venue. I wouldn't say you should sit right next to the bus but just somewhere in the vicinity and you're bound to see everyone go in and out a few times.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

maxpemis

Post by maxpemis » Fri May 28, 2010 2:20 am

saw them tonight in san diego. they cut their set short because apparently max was so sick and throwing up so much yesterday that he had to go to the hospital. but max still sounded better than tom delonge from angels and airwaves ever could. GOD, they suck so much. i left about 1 and a half songs into AVA set and ran into everyone except max (who was probably staying in the bus because he was sick) but yeah, right outside of the house of blues, in the middle of the street was their tour bus chillin'. so it's not hard to find them when they aren't headlining just go outside and you'll find them.

Also, anyone who has seen them on this tour with angels and airwaves, what was cut from the set i saw.
tonight they play: hate everyone, shiksa, do better, every man has a molly, alive with the glory of love, mara and me, woe, wow i can get sexual too.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Fri May 28, 2010 3:17 am

When I saw them earlier this month they played Hate Everyone, Shiksa, Wow, I Can Be Sexual Too, No Soul, Woe, Mara & Me, Do Better, Every Man Has A Molly, Eloise, Glory of Love. Kind of upsetting that they didn't play Belt or Admit It!

Also, like everyone has said, the guys normally hang around in the crowd. My friend and I hung out with Parker in the back for a bit, then after the show was over we waited by their bus. After a while Max came out to talk for a very short time. It looked like he just got out of the shower, and he was wearing pajama pants. By the bus is where my friend and I have always seen Max. Kind of feels stalkerish, especially since we were the only ones by the Say Anything bus for this show... but they've always been cool with it as far as I can tell.

My friend and I got max to sign the picture we got of us taken with him from the last time. This sucker's getting framed!
http://n0rgan.com/personal/maxnme.jpg
Norgan is a real boy!

maxpemis

Post by maxpemis » Fri May 28, 2010 4:14 pm

haha i like that shirt max is wearing in your picture

chiben18

Post by chiben18 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:39 am

haha i like that shirt max is wearing in your picture

:D
Where would you like to Buy WOW Gold? Please tell me about the WOW Gold.

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:25 pm

I've hugged max. Best day ever.