Meeting Say Anything......

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
jamilah.is.alive
Re: Meeting Say Anything......

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Hahahahaha. That last part was great.
"IT WASN'T ON OUR WEBSITE?!?!" lol
that's great (:

they didn't even HAVE merch at the acoustic i went to! :P
"you're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead." [02.25.10]

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Well this show was a warm up show to their tour right before IDOTG came out so they had their whole crew with them for it. I do not remember if he had merch at the christmas show... I was too busy shoving my way to the front during the opening band for when max came on.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

thomasjr77

Post by thomasjr77 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:05 pm

I saw them with AVA and while AVA was playing, I went to the back of the house and Coby was sitting at the merch table; we talked for a while, got a picture and I left. I came back ten minutes later and Parker, Jake, and Jeff were standing there talking; I joined in for about fifteen minutes. The guys are all very cool and gracious, I hope to talk to them again at the Halloween House of Blues show. They say Max rarely comes out after shows because he has extreme social anxiety, which is too bad.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Yeah he put that right in the song Admit It! But its hit or miss with Max. There's days when he seems to hide out until the coast is clear or sprints to the bus and other days where the bus may be barricaded off but he comes straight out to the crowd waiting and talks and hangs out. I've seen both.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

bemdog

Post by bemdog » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:24 pm

I have yet to meet Max but I have met and talked to most of the band. Jake was so cool when I met him. He answered all my questions even though I was really nervous. I'm glad I skipped out on AVA to talk to Jake and Coby. I asked where Max was and they said he was in the tour bus with Sherri. Hopefully this November I can finally meet Max at the show.
filled with fire, I'm drinking gasoline to make it go faster

ratpoison

Post by ratpoison » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Psyre wrote that their show was mad short. I had the same experience! It was so disappointing. Huge venue in LA!!!!! and it was still a short show, I was pissed.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:40 pm

bemdog wrote:I have yet to meet Max but I have met and talked to most of the band. Jake was so cool when I met him. He answered all my questions even though I was really nervous. I'm glad I skipped out on AVA to talk to Jake and Coby. I asked where Max was and they said he was in the tour bus with Sherri. Hopefully this November I can finally meet Max at the show.

I don't want to give away trade secrets but whenever I really REALLY wanted to meet a band, I would go early. Like at noon early, and just hang around close to the busses and watch. They are unsuspecting earlier in the day and more approachable cause they're not on their guard. That's how I met max the first time. I also ran into Chris Carrabba from Dashboard who had this GIANT body guard. He showed up in a minivan to walk straight into the venue, but we were standing there so he said hey, but then this girl spotted him and screamed. She ran up crying so he took a picture with her and ran into the venue.

But seriously, going early ups your chances alot. They have to go in and out of the bus more early in the day with soundcheck and all. But think of it this way, if you don't see them in the morning, there is always after the show.

UpbeatDown

Post by UpbeatDown » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:44 pm

Another pointer is to leave after SA's set, even if other bands are playing after. I didn't care about AVA at all so I was talking to the merch guy. Ended up running in to everyone except Max and Coby. We just sat outside talking for about an hour. All the bands on this tour are awesome though, so I'd say stick around and support them either way.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:01 am

ratpoison wrote:Psyre wrote that their show was mad short. I had the same experience! It was so disappointing. Huge venue in LA!!!!! and it was still a short show, I was pissed.

Which show?

bemdog

Post by bemdog » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks will definitely try that. I'm not sure if I want to skip out on Motion City Soundtrack though, so I'll just try and get there early this time. This tour is stacked with awesome bands. I'm also stoked to get the painful splits ep and the new Saves The Day album.
filled with fire, I'm drinking gasoline to make it go faster