Meeting Say Anything......

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
SquidSlippers
Re: Meeting Say Anything......

Post by SquidSlippers » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:01 am

After waiting near their tour bus for around an hour, seeing Max come out twice (without talking to any of the fans) and run into the venue, I met Coby, Jake and Jeff in Des Moines at my first SA concert. I only briefly talked to the twins, but Coby took a picture with me and signed my stuff. He's an awesome guy.

I was with a group of people I didn't know, and we all spotted Max on top of a staircase outside discussing something with a guy I didn't recognize. Max looked kind of angry, honestly. After we all stared up at our hero for about 15 minutes, a guy I was with decided he was going to go interrupt the conversation. As much as I wanted to meet Max, I tried to convince him not to do that. He didn't listen to me, and yelled compliments about the show to Max. Max didn't say anything (no pun intended), nor did he come down from the staircase. I'm not disappointed or anything - the simple sight of Max was awesome, and experience was great nonetheless.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:04 am

Yeah Max is the toughest to meet. He normally hides and days when he can't get to the bus without being apprehended he will either be really friendly or not at all. Really all depends.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

steveo
Legend

Post by steveo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Coby always reconizes me at shows I think he's given me a drum stick and just gives me head nods throughout the show, cause i know every word
Oh, I'll be around to pick your pretty heart right off the ground when all this
fucking fashion brings you down.
http://www.purevolume.com/stevearuilioistheman

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Last time I bumped into Coby we were just talking about working out and how "[his] body is a furnace" burning calories
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Mailliw

Post by Mailliw » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:41 am

Not sure whether this is related or not, But did Jake ever announce if/where he was going to DJ during the tour?

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:02 pm

I got to meet Max back in February when he played an acoustic show by himself at UCSD. To get in you had to be the friend/guest of someone that went to UCSD and it was free. I got there early and made a friend in line so I could get in. It was hands down one of the raddest experiences. There were literally 50 people in this little room and Max was on stage with his guitar. He was talking to people, making jokes and singing some of the BEST SA songs. He took requests from everyone. It was the most intimate experience and absolutely amazing. Right after the set Max came off stage and I was standing there and got a hug. Then he rushed to the bathroom lol. I got to talk to him for a little bit afterwards. I get to see them again tomorrow with Motion City Soundtrack and I'm super stoked! :]
"you're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead." [02.25.10]

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Mailliw wrote:Not sure whether this is related or not, But did Jake ever announce if/where he was going to DJ during the tour?

never heard anything

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:08 pm

jamilah.is.alive wrote:I got to meet Max back in February when he played an acoustic show by himself at UCSD. To get in you had to be the friend/guest of someone that went to UCSD and it was free. I got there early and made a friend in line so I could get in. It was hands down one of the raddest experiences. There were literally 50 people in this little room and Max was on stage with his guitar. He was talking to people, making jokes and singing some of the BEST SA songs. He took requests from everyone. It was the most intimate experience and absolutely amazing. Right after the set Max came off stage and I was standing there and got a hug. Then he rushed to the bathroom lol. I got to talk to him for a little bit afterwards. I get to see them again tomorrow with Motion City Soundtrack and I'm super stoked! :]
Dude awesome, I saw Max play acoustic twice. Once at a Starting Line christmas show and the other time on that tour opening for dashboard. At starting line he was very clearly nervous (or worse) but opening for dashboard he wasn't.

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Scott wrote:
jamilah.is.alive wrote:I got to meet Max back in February when he played an acoustic show by himself at UCSD. To get in you had to be the friend/guest of someone that went to UCSD and it was free. I got there early and made a friend in line so I could get in. It was hands down one of the raddest experiences. There were literally 50 people in this little room and Max was on stage with his guitar. He was talking to people, making jokes and singing some of the BEST SA songs. He took requests from everyone. It was the most intimate experience and absolutely amazing. Right after the set Max came off stage and I was standing there and got a hug. Then he rushed to the bathroom lol. I got to talk to him for a little bit afterwards. I get to see them again tomorrow with Motion City Soundtrack and I'm super stoked! :]
Dude awesome, I saw Max play acoustic twice. Once at a Starting Line christmas show and the other time on that tour opening for dashboard. At starting line he was very clearly nervous (or worse) but opening for dashboard he wasn't.

Yeah. He has that sort of nervous side to him when he gets up there where he's just really awkward. Then after awhile he really loosened up. He seemed in shock that there was such a tight group of fans that knew all of the songs, word for word. (:
"you're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead." [02.25.10]

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:48 pm

that kinda happened at a show at UMBC. It was the funniest thing. So I get there and the room is almost empty. There was like 50 or so less people as well, didn't count but a very very small crowd.

It was so small and there was no backstage that the whole night (through the openers) every band member was walking around including Max and sitting around their merch booth. you'd think they'd get mobbed (even max) but no, not really. When I was talking to Max he was frustrated that no one was there and told him "well, it wasn't on your website..." and he FLIPPED out and was like "IT WASN'T ON OUR WEBSITE ?!!?" it was hilarious.