Meeting Say Anything......

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
jamilah.is.alive
Re: Meeting Say Anything......

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:49 pm

I've been to a lot of venues and SOMA is by far the most disgusting... especially compared to places up in LA that I've been to.
The thing that sucks even more is that SOMA shuts down at 11 no matter what. I've never seen a show go past 11 at SOMA. They may be nicer on main stage shows but as far as I know, they aren't. I saw Ludo at SOMA a week ago and they didn't even get to play "Love Me Dead" which in case you didn't know, is their biggest song and they always play it. So the guys from Ludo took everyone outside into this side hallway after they kicked em off stage and did it acoustic. But they're assholes when it comes to time length of shows.
I believe Motion City is headlining so that means SA shouldn't be cut off if the show starts to slow down.
"you're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead." [02.25.10]

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:13 pm

That's an early curfew. I've heard of 12 places here. Also I do know Ludo and I've seen them, it's a shame to miss out on that song but if they did the Ghostbuster's cover that's all you need.

My favorite was after a late show where The Matches were opening in 2004, they were outside the venue playing acoustic as everyone walked out...
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

mjjcap

Post by mjjcap » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:30 pm

I've met Jake twice. My first concert we had a pretty good chat after the show and out by the tour bus, he even got Jeff to come over and say hi. It was the best, because he walks up to me and goes to shake my hand saying "Hi, I'm Jeff." I go, "Hi, I know." Made me laugh. The talk I had with Jake was A-MAZ-ING! Totally inspirational. He's the best. That day I got to say hi to Coby, Max & Sherri. The next concert I went to Jake come out before the show to say hi, I showed him my LTD tattoo (http://twitpic.com/15iz29) he inspired, and I gave him bracelets I made for the whole band (http://twitpic.com/1ix8q7). I also got to meet Parker, by the merch table. I made a fool of myself, but got a picture with him (http://twitpic.com/2f6b6x this is a really bad picture of me). Unfortunately now I will never get to introduce myself to Alex... Plus I really want to have a conversation with Max and Coby. Okay, this is getting long. Sorry :)
"Let me tell you about the love I have, cause its growing by the moment & I'd murder you to hold his hand. See I don't even know this boy, but I want him so bad. Oh so bad..."

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:36 pm

LOL that's barely a picture of you. The only time I have ever talked to Coby its been about lifting weights and exercise stuff. Obviously I talked to him post-insanity.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

mjjcap

Post by mjjcap » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:42 pm

I was trying to cut myself out as much as possible but still be able to say, "See I did meet Parker!". Haha.
"Let me tell you about the love I have, cause its growing by the moment & I'd murder you to hold his hand. See I don't even know this boy, but I want him so bad. Oh so bad..."

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 pm

I have not yet, definitely putting it on my bucket list though!!