The Future of Say Anything

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
matthewshood
Re: The Future of Say Anything

Post by matthewshood » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:29 am

Ahh Men always seemed to be him relating to God from my perspective. "Still I'm just a sperm begat from your love.. Basking in the bread the blood of your dove." Sounds like Biblical references / references to Christ. Obviously the whole song doesn't follow that exact theme but I think it is a huge underlying force. Anyways, I'm excited for the new record and I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy it and appreciate it whether it is dark and aggressive or more happy and positive.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:04 am

Yeah well even the title is religious in a sense. But yeah the line you picked out is the biggest, with the bread and blood referencing not only Christ but the whole communion ritual. Also doves in the bible show up alot especially around Jesus... so yeah.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:52 pm

On a side note.. I would literally pay 300 dollars for an album that was all of the old stuff re-recorded along with i/warb idotg and self-titled. haha I'm not kidding either.

But I cannot wait. Wonder if Jeff could give us just a small morsel of what the new stuff is like.. cough cough

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:15 pm

I've talked to him about the "new sound" and he hasn't heard any of the songs yet. Hasn't gotten around to it, but last time I checked Max has 2 recorded to some respect and 7 in the pipeline.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Alright keep us update :) how did you get to know jeff?