The Future of Say Anything

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
tgreg
The Future of Say Anything

Post by tgreg » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:28 pm

http://www.sayanythingmusic.com/news/fu ... y-anything

If you haven't read that yet, do so immediately haha

So does anyone else get goosebumps from this? Thoughts/Opinions? I thought at first he was going to say they were for sure going to break up or go on a long hiatus.

Scott
Legend

Re: The Future of Say Anything

Post by Scott » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:58 pm

That is definitely pretty old haha. I think they're going to stay about the same as they are now and nothing's really going to change. I think the next CD will just be a continuation of his new style (even if he says it will be IARB2) and we will have to see if its better or not.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:08 pm

I dunno. Max has never been misleading with the descriptions of his new albums before. Before IDOTG he said darker, and it was. Before the self titled he said more poppy and concise, and it was. If he says the next album is going to angry and aggressive, I totally believe that and I can't wait for it!

And yeah, this news is over a month old. =P But then again, we haven't really had a thread on here to discuss it yet so good move still. <3
Norgan is a real boy!

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:15 am

I don't know every album thus far has went with his current mood, and how can he be angry and aggressive when he's so damn happy all the time. Now that we have twitter we can see he is never in a bad mood.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:07 pm

I doubt he's really happy all of the time. It seems to me that he's just finally in a place in his life where he can actually appreciate happiness and positivity. I'm sure he gets fscked up a lot still emotionally, but he just is letting it out in healthier ways (like writing songs about it?) instead of sitting in it for years. Only time will tell, I suppose, but I'm hopeful.
Norgan is a real boy!

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:29 pm

haha i realize that that is an old post, just trying to spark some conversation on this forum... my bad :P

Either way, I'm excited and I'm happy that I'll have another 10-20 songs to enjoy from them haha.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:22 pm

No dude it's fine I just thought it was pretty funny that one of the only Say Anything MBs didn't even.. talk about it.

Shiksa

Post by Shiksa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:04 am

Regardless of how "dark" it will be, I know I'll enjoy it. I don't believe Max has written a song that I don't like. (Okay, with the exception of "Rats".. sorry)

However, I do hope it's a bit darker than the last album. I loved the self-titled album, but I am in constant need of some sort of outlet for my frustrations, so it'd be nice, hahah.
/ my obsession with max bemis and his wife is probably unhealthy /

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:10 am

I found on the last album the best songs were ones that seemed to relate to sherri because that's what he's most passionate about now. Except I'm not sure what Ahh Men was about but I loved that too.

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Scott wrote:I found on the last album the best songs were ones that seemed to relate to sherri because that's what he's most passionate about now. Except I'm not sure what Ahh Men was about but I loved that too.
Bromance! Of course!