Say Anything / Motion City Tour Discussion

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Charlsey
Re: Say Anything / Motion City Tour Discussion

Post by Charlsey » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Last night's show was amazing. Definitely one of the top 3 shows I have been to ever. The venue had a really strict curfew though, so they didn't play a couple songs on the set list but my friend got one of the setlists after the show and "Plea" was on it even though they didn't get the chance to play it. Hopefully they'll play it tonight in Anaheim (:

maxpaul18

Post by maxpaul18 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:02 pm

Charlsey wrote:Last night's show was amazing. Definitely one of the top 3 shows I have been to ever. The venue had a really strict curfew though, so they didn't play a couple songs on the set list but my friend got one of the setlists after the show and "Plea" was on it even though they didn't get the chance to play it. Hopefully they'll play it tonight in Anaheim (:
anything else on it that we should know about?

ratpoison

Post by ratpoison » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:57 am

I really can't believe they didn't do Hate Everyone either. It was the first single they promoted off of that CD right? That's something I really actually like about the band. They don't do anything a normal band would do haha.

I hadn't heard Colorblind before so that really was awesome. How would I get a copy of baseball? Amazon?

One thing I wanted to mention was: has anyone been caught off guard seeing Say Anything for the first time and noticing how Max kind of...prances around when he performs? I think its kind of awesome but I remember the first time I was NOT expecting it. I was like what's he doing?? haha But again...unlike anything a "normal" band would do :)

Merhorse

Post by Merhorse » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:34 am

Given how limited baseballs release was, it's something of a collector's item, so no, you won't find it on amazon. Just download it, aboutfalling.com is awesome for downloading the say anything songs that you can't buy in a shop. Enjoy.

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:51 am

afflictionate wrote:
jamilah.is.alive wrote:P.S. if anyone decides to be a doll and purchase that sweatshirt for me, i'm most likely a size small if it's a men's jacket.
and here's my email jamilahrebekah@gmail.com
i can check it from time to time during my media deprivation.
<33
hey, i could probably help you and get that hoodie for you.
alsooo, just curious, how many painful splits cd were available when you got there? and were there any left once say anything were done playing?

my main problem is that i realllly want to get front row for saves the day and say anything, but i desperately want a painful splits cd as well. i don't know if i can get both of what i want.

oh my goodness if you could that would be SPLENDID.
i didn't see how many they had because he only had a few on display but they are under the impression that they're
selling them this whole tour so i'd assume they'd have enough. i got to the venue super early, bought mine (they're 10 bucks) and then
went straight inside (:
"you're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead." [02.25.10]

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:54 am

Stevesie60 wrote:That's interesting that they didn't do "Hate Everyone". I'm going in Omaha, and if no one's got the sweatshirt for you I'll see what I can do. And I'll try my damnedest to get "Alive" for you.

Aww thank you! I'd really, really, really appreciate that! :)
"you're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead." [02.25.10]

afflictionate

Post by afflictionate » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:24 am

jamilah.is.alive wrote:
afflictionate wrote:
jamilah.is.alive wrote:P.S. if anyone decides to be a doll and purchase that sweatshirt for me, i'm most likely a size small if it's a men's jacket.
and here's my email jamilahrebekah@gmail.com
i can check it from time to time during my media deprivation.
<33
hey, i could probably help you and get that hoodie for you.
alsooo, just curious, how many painful splits cd were available when you got there? and were there any left once say anything were done playing?

my main problem is that i realllly want to get front row for saves the day and say anything, but i desperately want a painful splits cd as well. i don't know if i can get both of what i want.

oh my goodness if you could that would be SPLENDID.
i didn't see how many they had because he only had a few on display but they are under the impression that they're
selling them this whole tour so i'd assume they'd have enough. i got to the venue super early, bought mine (they're 10 bucks) and then
went straight inside (:
alright, thanks dude. and i'll e-mail you about the sweater now!

thisemptygirl

Post by thisemptygirl » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Norgan wrote:Crawl is definitely one of my favorite songs of the TT album, but I think I'd rather see a song like If I Could Make You Do Things or maybe Come On or Wowee Zowee. I feel like the back and forth between Chris and Max are so wonderful in those songs.
YES. If I Could Make You Do Things or Tremors would make my night.
I can't deny myself being alive through my alienation.

thinkfastkiller

Post by thinkfastkiller » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:32 pm

I went to the show last night in Anaheim. It was seriously the best of the four I've gone to. Every song was spot on, and the crowd was absolutely in love with the band. I couldn't believe they closed with Belt, as the ending has always been one of my favorite bits. The set list was great since they even played some of their oldest songs. I was really excited when I found out they had the limited edition hoodies for sale! I thought they were gone forever. My boyfriend and I both bought one. :) Did anyone else go last night?
What say you & all your friend step up to my friends in the alley tonight.

thinkfastkiller

Post by thinkfastkiller » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Norgan wrote:Crawl is definitely one of my favorite songs of the TT album, but I think I'd rather see a song like If I Could Make You Do Things or maybe Come On or Wowee Zowee. I feel like the back and forth between Chris and Max are so wonderful in those songs.
Those songs are great, but they did Crawl so so so well. I took video on my phone but it's awful. Max and Chris get really pumped on the song and interact really well. Plus Chris holds this one note for what seems like ages and it just reminds you how talented he is. I'll admit it probably wouldn't be my first Two Tongues choice either, but it really was done excellently.
What say you & all your friend step up to my friends in the alley tonight.