Say Anything / Motion City Tour Discussion

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
jnoutinen
Re: Say Anything / Motion City Tour Discussion

Post by jnoutinen » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Does anyone know how the encore is working for this tour? Since they're "co-headlining", do SA and MCS just switch off every show?
Look at the Earth, it's just so green. Perhaps it's envious of all the galaxies it's seen.

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:07 pm

jnoutinen wrote:Does anyone know how the encore is working for this tour? Since they're "co-headlining", do SA and MCS just switch off every show?
They are switching off main headliners. Both bands play an hour set though. Depending on the venue and their curfews depends on whether they do an encore or not.
"you're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead." [02.25.10]

NikleNitrate

Post by NikleNitrate » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:06 am

I realllyyy hope that the crowd is nothing like it was at the SA/AVA Concert in Ohio, I mean I hope the energy is still there, but a lot of people in the crowd, seemed like they were only out for themselves, and I just wanted to enjoy and love the music ;.;
Maybe it was just because it was my first "Real" concert, but I have high hopes for this one
The excitement is building! November 1st!

"They say if you love then you're doomed
We say you're so boring and blind"

bugsandsnakes

Post by bugsandsnakes » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:48 am

So I take it the set list has been the same?
Calmly gorging myself

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:04 pm

NikleNitrate wrote:I realllyyy hope that the crowd is nothing like it was at the SA/AVA Concert in Ohio, I mean I hope the energy is still there, but a lot of people in the crowd, seemed like they were only out for themselves, and I just wanted to enjoy and love the music ;.;
Was the same here in MD. I'm pretty sure that was because AVA was headlining. I love AVA, but you can't help but notice that in general the people who were at the AVA show were a bit highbrow. I still enjoyed the show.

Last time I saw MCS, though the comradery was everywhere! The crown should be amazing at this show!!!
Norgan is a real boy!

Mailliw

Post by Mailliw » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Agree. Plus when SA headlines the crowd is always awesome in my opinion. At least here in MD. Gonna be an awesome show no matter where you see it im sure.

ratpoison

Post by ratpoison » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:29 pm

"Those songs are great, but they did Crawl so so so well. I took video on my phone but it's awful. Max and Chris get really pumped on the song and interact really well. Plus Chris holds this one note for what seems like ages and it just reminds you how talented he is. I'll admit it probably wouldn't be my first Two Tongues choice either, but it really was done excellently."

What she said.

NikleNitrate

Post by NikleNitrate » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:35 pm

Norgan wrote: Was the same here in MD. I'm pretty sure that was because AVA was headlining. I love AVA, but you can't help but notice that in general the people who were at the AVA show were a bit highbrow. I still enjoyed the show.

Last time I saw MCS, though the comradery was everywhere! The crown should be amazing at this show!!!

Yayy! I can't help but be excited and nervous, I love MCS and this will be my first time seeing them live, a better crowd would be a huge plus too
The excitement is building! November 1st!

"They say if you love then you're doomed
We say you're so boring and blind"

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:22 pm

I've never seen them live, so that would be pretty awesome, not gonna lie. I love his hair, it's so crazy.

xokimberly

Post by xokimberly » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:59 pm

They were amazingggggg last night in san francisco..
i was so bummed though.. i talked to jake just before valencia played and we were taking a picture right as the lights went out, and my flash didn't go off. so we got a black photo :(
thennnn i tried to get a photo with max and he turned me down because he was going to watch saves the day, which was understandable.. i mean, it is his favorite band.. oh well, i guess i'm oh for two :(
"the path into this heart is littered with corpses and strewn with body parts of those who came before, so just give up"