Say Anything / Motion City Tour Discussion

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
afflictionate
Re: Say Anything / Motion City Tour Discussion

Post by afflictionate » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm

when i saw say anything, max got off the bus and literally ran past me. of course i just stood there, but there were kids who started yelling at him and there were even a few who tried to run after the poor guy. i'm sure everyone here understands that max has some problems, and i have a pretty good idea of what he goes through because i also have social anxiety.

i guess, don't be mad if you get rejected by max. he's said a million times in interviews that he'd love to sit down and talk to us all, but there's that barrier he needs to have with people. it does suck, but god, i would feel incredibly lucky if he would wave back or say hello to me because i know how stressful it is.

mjjcap

Post by mjjcap » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

I'm definitely not mad. In all honesty I over think things, which is why I read into his somewhat of a wave too much. I get that Max is like that, I'm not angry. I was just sharing... :/
"Let me tell you about the love I have, cause its growing by the moment & I'd murder you to hold his hand. See I don't even know this boy, but I want him so bad. Oh so bad..."

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:01 pm

mjjcap wrote:i'm going to the Toronto show on November 4th. that's too bad about max turning you down... the last show i went to he came around the back of the venue and got into a cab at the front, i yelled 'hey max!' just trying to be friendly and maybe get a hi back, but he seemed angry and just put up his hand and left. it was a let down, but all well. he seems so alive during the shows, but whenever i see him before or after... idk. my worst fear is that i'll meet him and he'll reject me as well. having any of the band members think of me as just a 'fan girl' would suck major time, because i honestly don't feel like i am... (ps: when i say fan girl, to me that means someone who is just going to a show, or buying/listening to their music because they think they are hot. pretty much every girl who only know max's name because he's the lead singer).

the popularity must have been getting to him.. and the fangirls. I knew when I met him in 06 even after bus stalking and going HEY MAX the second he walked out while he was on the phone. We politely waiting for him like a good 20 feet away and when he was done he came over, chatted.. took pictures.. and then later there was a signing and when he was leaving he spotted me and my friend, came over to us to shake our hands and say bye.

And actually the last time I saw them maybe last year and the time before that he came out to the bus and was chatting with fans and picture taking and everything. You must just catch him at terrible times lol.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:02 pm

afflictionate wrote:when i saw say anything, max got off the bus and literally ran past me.

ahahahahahahahah that's hilarious. no offense, but running!!
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

xokimberly

Post by xokimberly » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:19 am

hey scott, are you going to include headlining warped tour in 2008 in the tour history? they're the only reason i went to warped that year :]
"the path into this heart is littered with corpses and strewn with body parts of those who came before, so just give up"

UpbeatDown

Post by UpbeatDown » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:26 am

Not sure if anyone else has said this (didn't wanna go through the 4 pages I haven't read) but in Seattle tonight we got a double encore. They played Plea and Admit It!. i Can die happy.

Mailliw

Post by Mailliw » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:02 am

Haha awesome Up Beat. November of last year in Baltimore they played like a 3 song encore. It was awesome. Crush'd, something I cant remember, and then Admit it.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

xokimberly wrote:hey scott, are you going to include headlining warped tour in 2008 in the tour history? they're the only reason i went to warped that year :]

yes I just forgot.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

you were the first upbeat!

flambeurfilms

Post by flambeurfilms » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:58 am

I am driving from Buffalo to the Baltimore show, so hopefully see you there Scott. Toronto is closer, but I don't have a passport or an enhanced license, so we're visiting a friend and seeing the show in MD.

I can't remember who mentioned Saves the Day playing a lot of songs, but when I saw them with Weezer circa Stay What You Are in Rochester they played such a tight setlist. They were the first band to play and they fit the entire album in with Chris only taking a break to say, "Hey, could the beautiful people back up a little bit so the beautiful people up front don't get crushed," then they went to the next song.

I'm sure there are minor tours missing from the Tour History section, but to this day I still remember being completely blown away by "the opening band I didn't know." We were seeing the 2004 Civic Tour with Dashboard Confessional, Get Up Kids, and Thrice (they didn't really fit at the time because Artist in the Ambulance was their latest disc. So weird to go from adrenaline pumping Thrice to suicide inducing Dashboard). The opening band wasn't on the ticket so we weren't sure who it would be. Turned out to be Say Anything and that performance has stuck with me, and I've been a fan since.

Just wanted to share a Max smiling, grabbed from the SA site.

Max2000 by SeeSlow, on Flickr