Say Anything / Motion City Tour Discussion

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Stevesie60
Re: Say Anything / Motion City Tour Discussion

Post by Stevesie60 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:11 pm

SquidSlippers wrote:Last night, I went to the show in Omaha. I got there really early, so I was in the first row, basically hugging the rail the entire time. The opening bands were really good, in my opinion. I got the set list thrown at me by STD. When SA came on, the crowd became extremely lively. It was cool to be surrounded by fellow SA lovers. The show was amazing, and Max seemed to be enjoying it because he said "thank you, you're fucking great" after basically every single song. I got a drumstick thrown at me by Coby, and I caught it. MCS played next. I listened to 3 songs, then left the crowd.

I went to the merch, then started walking back into the main area. I then see Max and Chris walking down some stairs. They're my idols, so I couldn't pass up meeting them. I nervously asked them both to take a picture with me. Max kindly took a picture of Chris and I, and Chris took a picture of Max and I. They both thanked me and left the venue. They were extremely nice, and I was basically starstruck. MCS played a longer set than Say Anything which kind of pissed me off, but I enjoyed the experience anyway. I have a few pictures I took of the show and I'll post them sometime.
HAHA! That's amazing because I was outside the door. (No desire to see MCS) Right after they took that pic, Max came down the stairs and started to make a phone call. I didn't want to be a dick and interrupt, but I had to say something. So I caught him while it was still ringing (I assume) and asked him just to shake his hand. He said of course, shook it, and walked to the bus. I stood around for a while hoping he would come back out but didn't get to see him. I talked to Jake for a while. He was a really cool guy and very down to earth and sincere. Got to talk to Kenny for just a little bit, shook Chris' and Coby's hand. All in all, a pretty good night.

I keep kicking myself for not saying more to Max. Even just a "Hey, got some time to talk later?" just so I wouldn't have to keep wondering if I left to early or something. Oh well. Can't change it now.
HA! HA! HA! Show me what you got....

UpbeatDown

Post by UpbeatDown » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:20 am

mjjcap wrote:I'm having a hard time choosing between the merch table and the front row in front of the stage when they let us in the venue. When they toured with AVA (I think that's who they were! Haha) I just left the front after SA played and went to the merch then, and if there is some sort of pattern to who closes the show, MCS will be closing at the date I'm going, so hopefully not all SA fans just book it for the merch after they play. I don't think I would enjoy the concert as much if I wasn't at the front like every other SA concert I've been to, it really makes the experience so much more amazing when you're that close.
Front row, hands down. At both stops I went on the merch table was still fully stocked right after the set. I don't know if people weren't buying much, or if they had alot of merch with them, but nothing seemed sold out at any point.

MountainMan

Post by MountainMan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:28 am

I am loving how they're letting Kenny sing the "and now she's next to me" part on Less Cute, it just sounds amazingly great and awesome.

CMONCMONCMONCMONCMON

mjjcap

Post by mjjcap » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:17 am

UpbeatDown wrote:
mjjcap wrote:I'm having a hard time choosing between the merch table and the front row in front of the stage when they let us in the venue. When they toured with AVA (I think that's who they were! Haha) I just left the front after SA played and went to the merch then, and if there is some sort of pattern to who closes the show, MCS will be closing at the date I'm going, so hopefully not all SA fans just book it for the merch after they play. I don't think I would enjoy the concert as much if I wasn't at the front like every other SA concert I've been to, it really makes the experience so much more amazing when you're that close.
Front row, hands down. At both stops I went on the merch table was still fully stocked right after the set. I don't know if people weren't buying much, or if they had alot of merch with them, but nothing seemed sold out at any point.

Thanks! :)
"Let me tell you about the love I have, cause its growing by the moment & I'd murder you to hold his hand. See I don't even know this boy, but I want him so bad. Oh so bad..."

bugsandsnakes

Post by bugsandsnakes » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:02 pm

Went to the STL show and it was awesome! Seeing Chris, Max and Kenny on the stage at the same time was crazy!
Calmly gorging myself

cvankeeken

Post by cvankeeken » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Toronto show November 4th. I can barely wait! It's the MOST exciting thing ever. It's at a shitty venue though in the middle of nowhere. UGH. But I'll go anywhere for them. Literally, I may be going to Austin Texas to see them again! Unfortunately the venue has a VIP level so I doubt I will be seeing any of the band in the crowd. :(
I have a strange infirmity, which is nothing to those that know me.

afflictionate

Post by afflictionate » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:44 pm

i'm about to leave for my show! SO MUCH EXCITEMENT.

Jeffanything

Post by Jeffanything » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:26 pm

cvankeeken wrote:Toronto show November 4th. I can barely wait! It's the MOST exciting thing ever. It's at a shitty venue though in the middle of nowhere. UGH. But I'll go anywhere for them. Literally, I may be going to Austin Texas to see them again! Unfortunately the venue has a VIP level so I doubt I will be seeing any of the band in the crowd. :(
I'll be at the merch booth for at least some of the night.

cvankeeken

Post by cvankeeken » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:17 pm

Jeffanything wrote:
cvankeeken wrote:Toronto show November 4th. I can barely wait! It's the MOST exciting thing ever. It's at a shitty venue though in the middle of nowhere. UGH. But I'll go anywhere for them. Literally, I may be going to Austin Texas to see them again! Unfortunately the venue has a VIP level so I doubt I will be seeing any of the band in the crowd. :(
I'll be at the merch booth for at least some of the night.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - Okay, now that I've fanned out (stanned out? has anyone hear of this term, I just heard it this week and I'm weary of it, originating from Eminem's Stan).

Question for you Jeff, will you remember my name? It's CHLOE. I will come visit and quiz you on my name. C-H-L-O-E... Oh right, I'm typing, you can read it.
I have a strange infirmity, which is nothing to those that know me.

Ms.BlackEyeliner

Post by Ms.BlackEyeliner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:53 pm

I will be at First Ave in less than 24 hours! Soooooooo excited!
"You could hit me or whip me, I'd savor each lash"