Best Xbox Videogames?

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
a24angus
Re: Best Xbox Videogames?

Post by a24angus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:31 pm

YOU MUST PLAY Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic...greatest RPG of all time and probably my most favorite game/video game story...you dont have to be a super fan of star wars, its just the greatest game ever...KotOR 2 is really awesome two but dont play if you dont like thousands of unanswered questions
Spoiler:
Also play Alan Wake, then try to imitate his voice: "I knew Alice would want me to return return the movie, but she had just caused the darkness to destroy my new car, so i had to run about 5 miles to the video store. Alone."
Hey guys, I play drums in a band, and I fell in love with Say Anything about a year ago; hit me up with a message if you ever want to discuss Say Anything or anything at all really.

These are my days, this is how they stay, hey, hey.........hey...hey.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:46 pm

I tried KOTOR but it was after the fact so it felt really dated... Maybe I'll try it again when I have more time.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:11 pm

I have heard alot of really good things about Knights of the Old Republic, so I'd say it probably is good. I'm trying to scam Borderlands from my boyfriend at the moment though. :D Such a great way to save money, steal games from friends!

a24angus

Post by a24angus » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:42 pm

KOTOR is an old game, and it does feel dated, but its one of those old games that remains awesome always like starcraft or super mario 64 :D
Hey guys, I play drums in a band, and I fell in love with Say Anything about a year ago; hit me up with a message if you ever want to discuss Say Anything or anything at all really.

These are my days, this is how they stay, hey, hey.........hey...hey.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:32 pm

Starcraft I would agree with. Super Mario 64 still feels okay but thats cause Mario hasn't changed in 10 years. Same with Legend of Zelda. Both franchises have gotten arguably worse...
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

steveo
Legend

Post by steveo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:01 am

The NHL Hockey series
Oh, I'll be around to pick your pretty heart right off the ground when all this
fucking fashion brings you down.
http://www.purevolume.com/stevearuilioistheman

flambeurfilms

Post by flambeurfilms » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:28 am

KOTOR is definitely dated now, but at the time it was so much fun doing everything possible to get dark side points. You may want to check out "The Old Republic" which is supposed to be released early next year, it's the MMO version that the KOTOR developer Bioware has been working on.

Mario and Zelda have definitely gotten worse over the years. Wii and the DS have really put too much focus on mechanics that do not make the gameplay fun.

I've been playing Donkey Kong 64 lately, and wow I find that game incredibly challenging at times. The hardest part thus far has been beating levels 1 - 4 of old school Donkey Kong to get one banana. It took me probably 4 hours total. If you've never played old school Donkey Kong (as I haven't since 1990) you will be surprised at just how punishingly difficult the game is.

And somewhat related, not to hijack for a second, but check out "The King of Kong" if you get a chance. Great documentary about a guy trying to beat the world record for the high score on Donkey Kong, and the nerd villain that he faces. It's truly inspiring. You can stream it on Netflix. Back to the video game chat though, if you want to talk about the movie PM me.

david_style6

Post by david_style6 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Assassins Creed. it has such an intriguing story.
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:13 pm

I got bored of Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 midway through. 1 quicker than 2. 2 They fixed alot of my gameplay complaints with one but I don't get into the story much and I think that's the problem. I frequently don't like games that start me off with a ton of awesome shit, and then TAKE IT AWAY. Fuck that.

I'm telling you guys with a PS3 pick up Demons Souls for some serious punishment. You think Donkey Kong was bad? Imagine going an hour through a level and then getting one shotted by a random monster that comes out of no where and have to restart it... FROM THE BEGINNING. NO MID LEVEL SAVES. NO SAVES BEFORE BOSSES. Oh and did I mention you just lose all experience pts you earned up to that point? Oops.

flambeurfilms

Post by flambeurfilms » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Scott wrote:I got bored of Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 midway through. 1 quicker than 2. 2 They fixed alot of my gameplay complaints with one but I don't get into the story much and I think that's the problem. I frequently don't like games that start me off with a ton of awesome shit, and then TAKE IT AWAY. Fuck that.

I'm telling you guys with a PS3 pick up Demons Souls for some serious punishment. You think Donkey Kong was bad? Imagine going an hour through a level and then getting one shotted by a random monster that comes out of no where and have to restart it... FROM THE BEGINNING. NO MID LEVEL SAVES. NO SAVES BEFORE BOSSES. Oh and did I mention you just lose all experience pts you earned up to that point? Oops.
Assassin's Creed was way too repetitive for me. After like four hours of play I just started attacking civilians and the now-unfriendly guards.

Demon Souls brutally challenging in a completely un-enjoyable environment. I would just be frustrated. Donkey Kong also has completely random elements and does send you completely back to the beginning of the game when you die. You start out with just one life and you have to earn more by getting a high score. I'm not really into old school arcade games, just continuing off of what I was saying before.

Anyone have Borderlands? I don't wanna play it alone.