Best Xbox Videogames?

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Scott
Legend
Re: Best Xbox Videogames?

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 pm

I have it for Steam but I uninstalled boot camp so I can't play it anymore. I really loved it at first but then I ran out of things to do with it it just got kinda boring. Repetitive as you said about Assassins creed.

Heh I played the original Donkey Kong and yeah its not as frustrating... but the 34 hour it took to finish demons souls was one of the most rewarding game experience ever when it was over
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

flambeurfilms

Post by flambeurfilms » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Scott wrote:I have it for Steam but I uninstalled boot camp so I can't play it anymore. I really loved it at first but then I ran out of things to do with it it just got kinda boring. Repetitive as you said about Assassins creed.

Heh I played the original Donkey Kong and yeah its not as frustrating... but the 34 hour it took to finish demons souls was one of the most rewarding game experience ever when it was over
Yeah idk if I can play Borderlands on Console; I generally don't like RPGs on anything but PC (unless we're talking about A Link to the Past). I could imagine that Demon Souls would be very rewarding to beat. That's one of the things I liked about Heroics and hard-modes in WoW, every once in awhile it actually felt like you were doing something.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:38 pm

WOW I got sick of cause it was always based on gear more than skill. Then every few months there was a patch and I had to redo all this stuff to get it. I preferred Diablo 2's ability to trade the better items so you weren't screwed for getting gear.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

david_style6

Post by david_style6 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 pm

i agree that the first Assassins Creed was hella repetitive. but the ending had me thinking for days. same with the second one.
funny story: when i beat the second one i thought the ending was going to be something potentially scary and it was pretty late. i left the room half way through the cutscene because it was so unbelievable (at the time). i looked it up the next day and i have no idea why i tought it was so scary looking back. :P
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

flambeurfilms

Post by flambeurfilms » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:13 pm

Scott wrote:WOW I got sick of cause it was always based on gear more than skill. Then every few months there was a patch and I had to redo all this stuff to get it. I preferred Diablo 2's ability to trade the better items so you weren't screwed for getting gear.
It definitely does become based on gear, especially when you need the new gear to clear the next boss. It's fun overcoming the challenge, but when you don't win the roll (or you're new to the guild and they won't even let you roll) you have to run the same damn instance over and over and over and over again. I enjoy the new content, but it really does become very time consuming, and sometimes it's not enjoyable.

I love Diablo 2 (can't wait for 3) but my account has been hacked a few times. It just becomes annoying to try and log on and everything has been changed. Blizz doesn't support the free old game the same way they do the subscription based WoW

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:28 am

yeah I wouldn't play D2 anymore, but when it was new it was greaaaaaaat. I can't wait for D3 as well only unfortunately looks like I'll be out of college by the time it comes out...

bemdog

Post by bemdog » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:19 am

Halo and the COD Modern Warfare games are the ones I love to play for XBOX, but my favorite is the Metal Gear Solid series for Playstation.
filled with fire, I'm drinking gasoline to make it go faster

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:16 am

Metal Gear Solid was an amazing series and the reason I bought a PS3 was to finish 4. Although I enjoyed the original the best. Nothing can top what it was like to play through that game on PS1 when it was lightyears past other games.

bemdog

Post by bemdog » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:52 am

Scott wrote:Metal Gear Solid was an amazing series and the reason I bought a PS3 was to finish 4. Although I enjoyed the original the best. Nothing can top what it was like to play through that game on PS1 when it was lightyears past other games.
Yeah, That's the reason why I have a PS3 also. If I had to choose a favorite from the series it would be the original PS1 version. I remember as a kid playing the Psycho Mantis part at night, and it completely blew my mind. It's funny because I owe it all to the Pizza Hut Playstation demo. Damn,I feel like an old man now.
filled with fire, I'm drinking gasoline to make it go faster

flambeurfilms

Post by flambeurfilms » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Scott wrote:yeah I wouldn't play D2 anymore, but when it was new it was greaaaaaaat. I can't wait for D3 as well only unfortunately looks like I'll be out of college by the time it comes out...
yes, the real world doesn't allow a lot of time for video games :(