Best Xbox Videogames?

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
OneHeartAtATime
Best Xbox Videogames?

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:27 pm

These are my top 3 (Not in order) :

1. FALLOUT 3 - I love the massive game platform, and the fact that, despite reaching the maximum level 30, and completing the main story line, there is still more I can do. Probably the most effective $60 I ever spent on a game. It definitely was worth every penny. I'm especially excited for the new Nightmare mode in New Vegas, the added difficulty of maintaining hunger and thirst levels sounds like a welcome challenge.

2. ALAN WAKE - I loved the unique storyline, and the simplicity. There aren't 500 different weapons you have to switch between, just a flashlight, a handfull of guns, and flares or flashbangs. The graphics are pretty good, and the whole idea behind the story keeps you interested the entire time. I absolutely loved the ending it was so weird.

3. BIOSHOCK (1 & 2) - The first one had a better story to me, whereas the second, almost doesn't have one, it's an extension of the last, and doesn't stand out as much. But the graphics in 2 are impressive, and I love taking on the persona of Big Daddy. The story to 1 definitely wins though, because there were alot of unknowns, and twists in the plot. It was addictive, and the second, wasn't quite as effective, for me anyway.

Now I know I'm leaving out the obvious answers, like Halo, and COD, but the above 3 stand out to me, more than those. (:

What about you?

tgreg

Re: Best Xbox Videogames?

Post by tgreg » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:51 pm

PS3 guy here:

Heavy Rain

Final Fantasy 13

Uncharted 2

Xbox.. eh

Gears franchise

Gamertag/ps3 network name: TGreg104

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:59 pm

I don't know I've been all about Halo Reach lately, and before that I was all about Shadow Complex (that Arcade Game)

for PS3 there's no competition though, if you dont play Demons Souls or 3D Dot Heroes you have missed out on the console's purpose.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Haha demons souls. But 3D dot game hero is good. I work at game stop so I've tried them all i just like those three.

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:15 pm

I'm lacking a PS3, so I have no idea. And Heavy Rain is pretty intense too, I don't own that one, so I left it out.

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Well, that and it's not for Xbox, so it wouldn't have been on the list anyway.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Well its hard for those PS3 guys to understand how much faster xbox live is compared to the free network sometimes...

tgreg dont laugh at demons souls! That game took me 33 hours to beat and there's no story. That is legit.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Precisely. I have no experience with the online PS3 interface, actually ... I'm not entirely sure I've played PS3 period.

Strileckifunk

Post by Strileckifunk » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:10 pm

I'm glad someone mentioned FFXIII. Even though it wasn't the best of the series I still love each and everyone one of them. Mass Effect 1/2 are without a doubt two of my favorite 360 games. Bioshock gets major originality and atmosphere points.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Dude no way. FFXIII was a major step backwards.... My favorite of all time will always be Tactics, followed by 7, and believe it or not Crisis Core was pretty great.

Yeah I hope they really pull out all the stops for the Mass Effect 3. Any I really liked Bioshock as well but I felt no need to buy the 2nd... it seemed iffy.

On the topic I really enjoyed Dead Space.. I'm stoked for the 2nd. I also played through Resident Evil 5 a ton of times. It was great. Loved the co-op