The Walking Dead

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
david_style6
The Walking Dead

Post by david_style6 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:30 pm

Have you guys seen the trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE

its been out for a while.
is anyone else here a fan of the comic? or just love zombies as much as i do? XD
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

Scott
Legend

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:11 am

I'm watching it now. I really enjoy certain zombie things. Nazi zombies on COD. I liked Zombi Land alot. I don't know if I'd watch a TV show about zombies. Everything is the same these days with zombies. I'm still waiting for some innovation. Still watching the trailer... I do't know how they'll ever innovate such very one dimensional idea but.. we'll see right. I think vampires really have alot more mythos and space for new interesting stories but twilight is taking up too much attention
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

david_style6

Post by david_style6 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:21 am

Well in the comic it was mostly about surviving with other people in a post-apocalyptic world. the zombies are just used as a "prop". It gets really messed up in the later issues. If the TV show follows the comic then theres no doubt its gonna be really awesome. In Max's twitter picture you can see an issue of the comic on his desk which i thought was also very cool :D

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:22 am

Max is a comic fan as we know. I am personally not inclined to read comics. When I do I read mangas that I read as a kid. Like I still keep up with One Piece and Naruto although Naruto has gone waaaay downhill.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

crbrazil

Post by crbrazil » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:29 am

i read comics as a kid. i never got to the walking dead though. is it worth checking out now?
was i born to sink into this couch

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:31 am

I'd be more inclined to read the book than watch the show.

david_style6

Post by david_style6 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:36 am

crbrazil wrote:i read comics as a kid. i never got to the walking dead though. is it worth checking out now?
i highly recommend it! might take you a while to catch up though. there is a bunch of parts that make you say "no way that just happened". Even though its a zombie book, its not just about zombies.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:57 am

thats good to hear, I rarely buy things now... which is convenient for other hobbies haha. Any samples up online? Don't post to a mediafire link, I'd buy it if it was good.

crbrazil

Post by crbrazil » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:01 am

you ought to go look in your campus library. i go to Texas A&M and they have this entire row just for comic books. i was totally surprised. i guess that's why tuition is so high.
was i born to sink into this couch

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:07 am

Our biggest library on Campus has no FUCKING FICTION what so ever. Go figure right? Our other library may but its mostly a media as in movies library.