Any other gay SA fans?

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
ratpoison
Any other gay SA fans?

Post by ratpoison » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:31 pm

I think a lot of this kind of music is sort of gay friendly but for some reason, SA always seemed a little more so and I really responded to and appreciated that. Plus they just rock. But I have to wonder if there's other gay fans out there?

Scott
Legend

Re: Any other gay SA fans?

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Well sometimes I think n0rgan is gay but he'd deny it.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:01 am

Yeah... I would deny it. True or false, I will deny it. And why do you keep using a zero in my name? =P
Norgan is a real boy!

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:07 am

lol because I'm used to your aim name and that one time I used an o and it wasn't the right one for the thing.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Mailliw

Post by Mailliw » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:36 am

I try getting my gay best friend into them and shes kinda eh. But she doesn't hate them. I dont know any openly gay people who love them though.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:39 am

Well I don't know, at the concert I went to when Bemis played acoustic opening for Dashboard, a gay black man asked for my number and the preceding days sent me very VERY graphic texts about what he wanted to do to me.... no joke

ratpoison

Post by ratpoison » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:09 am

Whoa, Scott, that's intense haha.

There were def a lot of YOUNG boys on Ex that I probably could have made out with at the concert I went to, but it just made me feel gross. Man, the more I think about it the more that concert wasn't the best experience.

So Scott I'm guessing "boys" being one of your interests is a joke? haha

Dreaming/Manhattan

Post by Dreaming/Manhattan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:53 am

The beauty of this question is that it answers itself. As a general rule, homosexuality can't exist in a closed mind. Say Anything is exceptionally open minded, lyrically AND musically. So I can definitely see the "gay friendly" vibe.

In truth, most of the male SA fans I know are gay or bi, and most of the female fans are straight with serious crushes on one member of the band or another.

I prefer not to label myself. But then, I'm not one for relationships. "...I shall not love, yet I'll still sing about it"

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:00 am

ratpoison wrote:Whoa, Scott, that's intense haha.

There were def a lot of YOUNG boys on Ex that I probably could have made out with at the concert I went to, but it just made me feel gross. Man, the more I think about it the more that concert wasn't the best experience.

So Scott I'm guessing "boys" being one of your interests is a joke? haha

Ha yeah its' a joke. I actually forgot abut that. This site has been up for so long that was put up there probably 2-3 years ago.

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Scott wrote:Well I don't know, at the concert I went to when Bemis played acoustic opening for Dashboard, a gay black man asked for my number and the preceding days sent me very VERY graphic texts about what he wanted to do to me.... no joke
Wow. That sounds like quite the life experience. May I ask why you obliged when he asked for your number? lol