The OFFICIAL Say Anything Cover Thread

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Scott
Legend
Re: The OFFICIAL Say Anything Covers Thread

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:11 am

dude good job! I was wondering how the screaming was gonna go. It sounded pretty good and it worked in it's place. It's great that you're getting involved!
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

matthewshood

Post by matthewshood » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:18 am

Scott wrote:dude good job! I was wondering how the screaming was gonna go. It sounded pretty good and it worked in it's place. It's great that you're getting involved!
Thank you so much, man! Hahaha, yeah, that part is really fun though. What I do is more of a yell than a scream, but it works out alright. I was itching for someone to post a comment last night about it but I had to wait until the morning. I plan on recording some more! I don't want the site to die, it's full of friendly and cool people. That is practically unheard of on an internet forum.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:27 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to post on absolutepunk but I have stopped. Everyone on there (including Jason Tate) are very opinionated and very nasty to everyone who doesn't share those opinions... So if I have a vision for the forum, it's to not end up like that.

The site will do fine if everyone keeps on posting! I would have posted last night if I wasn't asleep... oops!
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Scott
Legend

Re: The OFFICIAL Say Anything Cover Thread

Post by Scott » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:38 am

I just merged the lingering topics of covers into this thread. Still debating if this thread belongs in Musicians forum but we want everyone to see them so it'll probably stay here... Might even want to make a page one day archiving all of these.

Either way, if you are going to comment on an old cover pleaaase quote the original we don't get confused.

matthewshood

Post by matthewshood » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:17 am

Scott wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to post on absolutepunk but I have stopped. Everyone on there (including Jason Tate) are very opinionated and very nasty to everyone who doesn't share those opinions... So if I have a vision for the forum, it's to not end up like that.

The site will do fine if everyone keeps on posting! I would have posted last night if I wasn't asleep... oops!
I don't blame you. I made an account over there to make a post in the self-promotion forum but that was it. Haha, I don't see the site heading in that direction, at least I hope not. As long as you care enough to keep mess like that under control and the rest of the members don't put up with it either then we'll keep the infection from spreading.. when and if nasty people come here.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:06 am

Lets pretend none of SA's fans are like that! But I know some that are... but they're so pretentious that they're "over say anything now" and listen to only indie shit and radiohead. They became who Admit It was aimed at, and the people they would trash.

I rather become the way the Matches' guy did in the song Say 18 than that.

matthewshood

Post by matthewshood » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:19 am

Ughhhhh, some people are just so.. Unbearable. Not to say I am any less hypocritical in many aspects of my life, no one is perfect. But I had the displeasure of being in a relationship with a girl that was a lot like that. At least I feel she was sort of like that looking back on things now.

yadot4evil

Post by yadot4evil » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Do Better (Acoustic Cover)

I just recorded this the other night. Let me know what you think. Be as brutal as you have to be. I think I sound a little flat. And by a little I mean a lot.

Thanks for the heads up Scott.
Last edited by yadot4evil on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:40 pm

Hey yadot nothing showed up so you're probably using the wrong URL from youtube, you have to use the URL from the embed button that is in the middle of the HTML code. It says this in the forum rules / protocol thread.

matthewshood

Post by matthewshood » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:42 pm

yadot4evil wrote:Do Better (Acoustic Cover)

I just recorded this the other night. Let me know what you think. Be as brutal as you have to be. I think I sound a little flat. And by a little I mean a lot.

Thanks for the heads up Scott.
You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, man! I thought this was a good cover. Your voice sounds fine to me. It sounds good!