The OFFICIAL Say Anything Cover Thread

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
matthewshood
Re: The OFFICIAL Say Anything Cover Thread

Post by matthewshood » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:05 pm

Here's the cover I recorded of Every Man Has A Molly several months ago. I might re-record this. I feel like I can do better now. The video quality is also kinda mehh.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:02 pm

dude great job! I see my tab in action and it's pretty impressive to sing and play that. At one point I could but I don't even remember how to play the song ahaha but it was a pain.

If you record it again to play it acoustic you should work on an arrangement similar to the intro for the whole song. That'd be pretty awesome.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

matthewshood

Post by matthewshood » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Scott wrote:dude great job! I see my tab in action and it's pretty impressive to sing and play that. At one point I could but I don't even remember how to play the song ahaha but it was a pain.

If you record it again to play it acoustic you should work on an arrangement similar to the intro for the whole song. That'd be pretty awesome.
Thank you! And yeah, I've thought about doing that. I play with my fingers quite a bit and this songs feels very natural to play that way. I'll see if I can come up with something cool for the whole song and post a new video!

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:07 pm

That'd be great. I haven't recorded myself playing a song for youtube in years, maybe it's time to put one of my versions up..
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

matthewshood

Post by matthewshood » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Scott wrote:That'd be great. I haven't recorded myself playing a song for youtube in years, maybe it's time to put one of my versions up..
Go for it, man! I've been really hesitant to post any video covers for awhile now, but I might start doing it again. I learned We Killed it from the tab that is on this site as well. I think I might record a cover and post it later.

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Here's a Woe cover I made less than a month ago. I'm rather happy with it, and I recorded it entirely from scratch. Would be cool to know what you guys think :D

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Fucking amazing. Period.

If you do The Keg is Bleeding I'll literally do anything you ask.

david_style6

Post by david_style6 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:56 pm

Sabri!! i suspected you were Mistle!
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:23 pm

tgreg wrote:Fucking amazing. Period.

If you do The Keg is Bleeding I'll literally do anything you ask.

Is the tab for that even done yet? He'd need both parts. Cool video though!

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:25 pm

I dont think it is, but it seems he plays by ear anyways since most of those parts he played aren't tabbed.

ps I wanna help finish tkib but Im at school with a shitty acoustic. I'd rather wait til this weekend for my electric.