Books

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Scott
Legend
Re: Books

Post by Scott » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:41 pm

I read Gantz too and I'm mostly up to date but after the Lara Croft looking girl sex scene and the main character dying and coming back (and how they all look kinda similar) I got tired of it. I sometimes just read it in bulk but it gets pretty boring some days. Like the action just looks bad with all the CG and spoiler from chapt 300s
Spoiler:
I'm totally lost why there's a huge alien invasion going on.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

minkaSA

Post by minkaSA » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:21 pm

I've been reading Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury and Kennedy: The Classic Biography by Ted Sorensen. Unfortunately, I find myself uncomfortably unfamiliar with many of the references in Kennedy's biography (you know basic U.S. history). Definitely want to become stronger in this subject!

Meglaw

Post by Meglaw » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Currently I am reading Me to We by Marc and Craig Kielburger, The Founders of Free The Children. Im am completely inspired by both of these young men. Craig founded Free The Children on his own the we was 12 years old and that is amazing to me. I would love to meet him one day.

I feel like I am always reading Choke by Chuck Palahniuk. Im pretty sure every sentence in that book will be highlighted once I'm dead because I find something new every time.

UpbeatDown

Post by UpbeatDown » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:25 pm

I pretty much never read books (I've probably read 4-5 novels in my life) but Jake gave me a kinda cool book at the Portland show on this tour. It's called "Everybody Hurts" (maybe Everyone....I don't have it at the moment). It's like the encyclopedia on emo kids, its hilarious. Say Anything is mentioned in it a few times so far, thats why its at the merch table. Apparently they've had them for like 3 years though, so if your going to be catching one of the dates coming up you could probably get one for free like I did.

crbrazil

Post by crbrazil » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:56 pm

i read a pretty broad range of books...like i read most stuff. the only thing i don't is like orcs and such or manga (sorry scott). i never watch TV. and i read a lot of books at once. currently graphic: the invisibles, crisis on infinite earths, final crisis, and a lot of Grant Morrison stuff. i'm reading a few John Locke and Thomas Hobbes books. i just finished the communist manifesto and started mein kampf. plato's the republic and Aristotle's politica and the metaphysics. i'm rereading the last harry potter.

a few i recommend though: fabric of the cosmos (will change how you see the world) superman for tomorrow (one of my favorite graphics ever) blankets (graphic) fight club, Malcolm x, and i like most Friedrich Nietzsche books. OH and i love Shakespeare's sonnets. and hamlet. idk... i read a lot but i'm a pretty social guy. and i don't stick my nose in the air because of it or look down at what other people do and read. most people find it weird how many books i have stacked around my room because i never say anything about it or act like it. i realized a long time ago no one really cares (at least here) so what's the use?? now i'm being annoying, sorry folks
was i born to sink into this couch

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:15 am

Hemingway

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:50 am

Barry Egan wrote:Hemingway
This.
Norgan is a real boy!

NikleNitrate

Post by NikleNitrate » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Ellen Hopkins :o
I love reading her books, I get so lost in the character, I have to stop sometimes lol
The excitement is building! November 1st!

"They say if you love then you're doomed
We say you're so boring and blind"