Books

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Barry Egan
Books

Post by Barry Egan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:49 am

Whatcha reading?

Right now, I'm all Faulkner all the time. I'm reading The Sound and The Fury(for the third time) for a class, Sanctuary in my free time, and Faulkner in the University in my free free time.

Scott
Legend

Re: Books

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:02 am

Embarrassingly... I mostly read manga or other kinda niche books. I have read Naruto since I was 10 years old so I still keep up with it. I love One Piece... I've been reading 20th Century Boys... I also asked for the Halo: Fall Of Reach book for xmas... oooooops I sound like I'm 12 but I'm 21...
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

transylvanian

Post by transylvanian » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:12 am

Among a lot of other things, I'm reading The Essential Kabbalah by Daniel C. Matt, Fear of Flying by Erika Jong, The Mothman Prophecies by John A. Keel... but don't think I'm that smart, I read too many and half-finish them :/
Love, it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you.
It will set you free. Be more like the man you were made to be.
There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see
the beauty of love as it was meant to be.
Mumford & Sons

bandofoutsiders

Post by bandofoutsiders » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:23 am

Just finished the Road by Cormac McCarthy, it was amazing.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:23 am

I'm currently in in the middle of The Enormous Room by E. E. Cummings. I have to say, he is my favorite poet, but I'm not really liking this book so much. It is remarkably boring and forgettable. I've really been hoping that I'm just missing something, or the book has a sudden turn soon, but I lost hope and haven't touched the book in a few months now.

Other than that, I really dug I Hope They Server Beer In Hell and The Bell Jar. And One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is the best book I've ever read in my life. Go read it!
Norgan is a real boy!

cvankeeken

Post by cvankeeken » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:27 am

I really like e.e. cummings as well but Bukowski is definitely my favourite poet! I LOVE Tucker Max. Those stories are HI-fucking-LARIOUS! I just read Jenna Jameson's biography which was pretty eye opening and action packed, no word of a lie. Ron Jeremy's biography is really good as well, he's a VERY funny person.

I also read some trashy teen lit about private schools. One series called "Private" and one called "Privileged" which is a spin off of Private. They are so trashy I don't even read the description I just read the dialogue.

One of my favourite books ever is called "The View From Saturday". Has anyone ever read it?
I have a strange infirmity, which is nothing to those that know me.

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:46 pm

I cant read.

Well actually I have yet to find a book that kept my attention long enough to finish, closest were Angels and Demons, the 1st Harry Potter, and The Watchmen graphic novel.

david_style6

Post by david_style6 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:04 pm

The Walking Dead
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
The Youth in Revolt series
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

cvankeeken

Post by cvankeeken » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm

tgreg wrote:I cant read.

Well actually I have yet to find a book that kept my attention long enough to finish, closest were Angels and Demons, the 1st Harry Potter, and The Watchmen graphic novel.

Try the 3rd Harry Potter! It's SO GOOD!
I have a strange infirmity, which is nothing to those that know me.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:08 pm

david_style6 wrote:The Walking Dead
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
The Youth in Revolt series
I can never get into those joke books like Abraham Lincoln or Pride Prejudice and Zombies. The novelty wears off for me after a chapter and then I just notice terrible writing.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.