Favorite Say Anything Song and why?

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
cvankeeken
Re: Favorite Say Anything Song and why?

Post by cvankeeken » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Yay for sharing your feelings! I didn't mean that to sound sarcastic. Anyway, my favourite Say Anything song is probably "She Won't Follow You". I like to think it's my theme song. I have always done my own thing and gotten in shit for it. I don't follow trends or fads and I didn't belong to any groups of cliques. For a long time I was torn between being myself, the weird, kooky girl, who does and says what she's feeling, heart on my sleeve. Or being the person that wouldn't get into trouble by saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. Also known as the "normal" girl. But, as the song says, "There's nothing like the brain of a beautiful girl when it grasps the fallacy of the world."

And I agree fully that Say Anything is "full of all the energy and hope and craziness we need to get out of our own head". Say Anything saved my life. More to come on that.

And hang in there, person currently in therapy. I've been seeing a shrink since I was 12, on and off a million different medications, fighting different diagnoses. But everything works out if you can recognize the problem and work through it. Don't give up. Never give up.
I have a strange infirmity, which is nothing to those that know me.

david_style6

Post by david_style6 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 pm

for a while it was In Defense of the Genre. and then it was Spidersong. and so on and so on. i'd prolly have to go with It's a Metaphor Fool but that would probably change soon.
I miss you, girl. You're all that makes me true.

afflictionate

Post by afflictionate » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:43 pm

it's so hard for me to decide, because there's always a song that i'll hear at the right time in my life exactly when i needed it, and that will be my favorite. i know this sounds pretty cheesy, but it's really comforting knowing there's another person out there who has been in the same shitty situation and lived to sing about it.

anyways, i would say "belt" is my all-time favorite. something about that song always makes sense to me, and it's catchy as hell, too.

TheZachMarlow

Post by TheZachMarlow » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:48 pm

honestly, probably Belt. I love that ending so much. I've really been a fan of about falling recently too
What say you! and all your friends! Step up to my friends! in the alley tonight!

joehiera

Post by joehiera » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:10 am

easy mara and me well i guess its between mara and me and less cute they are just definately thier most talented songs and as a fan i appreciate being able to see how far they have come and what they can do very mature music in the sense of composition in writing lyrics and music i dont even know max bemis but strangely im very proud of him

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:41 pm

Slumming it

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Barry Egan wrote:Slumming it
+1 :D

you're fine

Post by you're fine » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:13 pm

I really like the "hidden" piano track at the end of where the hurt is.... its different.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:55 pm

you're fine wrote:I really like the "hidden" piano track at the end of where the hurt is.... its different.
I believe the song is called All Choked Up. Definitely one of my favorites as well! =D
Norgan is a real boy!