Favorite Say Anything Song and why?

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Scott
Legend
Favorite Say Anything Song and why?

Post by Scott » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:45 pm

This can be any song from any CD. For me this is a tough choice but I think if I had to pick it would be The Church Channel. I think it has such a great sound and is really unique. This is the direction I wanted Max to go after IARB for each song on IDOTG which he did occasionally. It just is such an expansive song.. Maybe could have done without the very end of the song but everything before it made up for it.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

maxpaul18

Re: Favorite Say Anything Song and why?

Post by maxpaul18 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:39 pm

I would have to say The Futile
That song just always gets me going, and i never really stop loving it

ThemDyingEars

Post by ThemDyingEars » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:58 pm

It sorta bounces around, but for a while it's been Total Revenge. I've recently started seeing a therapist and spend most of my time lamenting over a girl, so it's just very much one of those "songs who wrote for me" kind of deals.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Oh a therapist. If you don't mind me asking what caused that?
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

ThemDyingEars

Post by ThemDyingEars » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:29 pm

It's kind of been in the making for a while. Between the parents splitting, having horrible social anxiety, paranoid delusions, hallucinations and other various things, I finally took the initiative and asked my mom if we could set it up. I'm now going through evaluation to find out if I'm bipolar. They say the "psychotic break" occurred sometime last year after a break up with this girl and finding out the new girl was totally not interested. Sorry you asked? :p

Jeez, that's only my second post. I should post in the introduction thread.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Heh no I'm not sorry I asked I was interested. The parents splitting is really terrible so I'm sorry about that man(girl?). I'm not a psychiatrist or anything but I'm sure that is what is causing the most trouble. It really just flips your worldview on its head.

ThemDyingEars

Post by ThemDyingEars » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:50 pm

The divorce happened when I was only 3, but it obviously branched off into a million different things that have since caused my brain to spazz out. It's cool to finally have someone to just talk to though with absolutely nothing to worry about. I mean...they don't still do lobotomies right?

Also, I figured I'd add that my favorite SA song for a long while before Total Revenge was Chia-Like. That song calms me down for some reason. I know it's all about anger and alienation, but that little itsby bitsy ray of hope at the end is enough for me to just love it. Whenever I make mix CDs, that's always the last song, because to me it just seems like it has the best note to end on.

ratpoison

Post by ratpoison » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:51 am

Oh, Scott I LOVE LOVE LOVE Church Channel, but I gotta go with The Writhing South, and I don't even really have a reason haha.

Tyler its really good you're working through all the issues now :) My parents divorced when I was six and I'm twenty-eight now...it took me a while to deal with it all but I'm in a much better place now.

Oh man and I feel ya with the unrequited love thing. I was dating someone a few months ago but got scared and dumped them. I immediately regretted it but it wasn't soon enough for them :(

Annnyway, bottom line is SA is full of all the energy and hope and craziness we need to get our own out of our head! haha

ratpoison

Post by ratpoison » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 am

PS, anyone dealing with feelings for a person that is out of reach, my recommendation is to NOT listen to Goodbye, Young Tutor and Plea after ten at night alone in your room. It will NOT help things haha.

ChristieL

Post by ChristieL » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:36 am

ratpoison wrote: Annnyway, bottom line is SA is full of all the energy and hope and craziness we need to get our own out of our head! haha
^This is so true! I think my favorite song would have to be Yellow Cat /Red Cat. I love from "I watch my neighbor's son..." until the end of the song. Also seeing them play it live makes me love it even more.