Anyone else win a photo pass for the current SA tour?!?!

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
lisa_christine
Anyone else win a photo pass for the current SA tour?!?!

Post by lisa_christine » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Sooo...I won a photo pass for the houston show and wanted to see who else recieved one for that night. Also who else recieved a photo pass for the other shows? Just wanted to see what kind of camera you guys are gonna take and what can I expect?

pond

Re: Anyone else win a photo pass for the current SA tour?!?!

Post by pond » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:01 pm

I did! I know this is a bit late to respond, but I just joined the forum.

I'm shooting the Boston show tomorrow night. Bringing a Nikon D300 and D700 with a 12-24, 24-70, 70-200 and 50mm lenses. (I rented the D700 and 12-24 lens). This is my first major concert to shoot (I normally shoot sports/editorial stuff), so I have no idea what to expect!

I'd be interested to hear what others did as well as maybe share some photos? I'm getting nervous!

lisa_christine

Post by lisa_christine » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:18 pm

cool!! so what u gonna do u gonna stay up in the front for the whole sets? i emailed jake and he said it was up to the security. i really dont wanna have to go all the way in the back of the crowd then keep comming back up. niiiice im bringing my canon T1i i only have the kit lens to i guess ill just have to make it work. Ya ive never shot a show this big either!!! im excited hah. whats ur flickr? would love to see ur shots.

pond

Post by pond » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:35 pm

I'll report back tomorrow with photos! I'm going to get to HoB early tomorrow and ask exactly what I can and can't do. I'm hoping to grab a few shots of all of the sets but I really (obviously) want to shoot all of SA. If you have time before the show, I would definitely try and pick up a 50mm f/1.8. You can usually get them for $100, and the low light capability of that lens will definitely come in handy! My flickr is under my name, Laura Pond. I don't use it a lot, but I'll be sure to add the photos from tomorrow to there!

pond

Post by pond » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:49 pm

Just finished uploading all of my photos. They're all on my website - http://www.LPondPhotography.com I have all 4 bands up there.

I ended up not renting the equipment, so I used my D300 with the 24-70 and my 50 f/1.4.

As far as security - We were able to shoot the first 3 songs then get off stage. We hung out right next to the stage in between sets so we didn't have to go far. When in doubt ask security!