An Open Letter to Max Bemis From a Loving Fan

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
cvankeeken
Re: An Open Letter to Max Bemis From a Loving Fan

Post by cvankeeken » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:30 pm

That is exactly what I am talking about!
I have a strange infirmity, which is nothing to those that know me.

you're fine

Post by you're fine » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:49 pm

yeah... like i know im not famous so i will probably never know what its like to have "fans" but i just couldnt imagine running away from someone who adores you and just wants to talk to you... maybe i will get a songshop song and on the phone call be like hey man what the hell you ran away from me in minneapolis

mjjcap

Post by mjjcap » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:36 am

I know it's tempting, but I couldn't see that going well. It might make him regret his one way to talk to fans (even though it's just incentive to buy a song shop... At least that's my opinion.. As harsh at it may sounds)
"Let me tell you about the love I have, cause its growing by the moment & I'd murder you to hold his hand. See I don't even know this boy, but I want him so bad. Oh so bad..."

cvankeeken

Post by cvankeeken » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:28 pm

I agree, it could back fire. Unless you say it in a way that's like "I know you're busy, but I just wanted to say I tried to say hi to you in (insert city name) and you ran away. It would have been nice if you said hi, but I'm talking to you now, I guess."

Just be very polite about it. I would hate to see him close up shop forever... like in the lorax.

drugshavemymind

Post by drugshavemymind » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:49 am

cvankeeken wrote:I agree, it could back fire. Unless you say it in a way that's like "I know you're busy, but I just wanted to say I tried to say hi to you in (insert city name) and you ran away. It would have been nice if you said hi, but I'm talking to you now, I guess."

Just be very polite about it. I would hate to see him close up shop forever... like in the lorax.
OH MAN!! I read my little brother the lorax today when I was round for tea!!!!!
STOOOOKKKEDD!!

But yeah, I think we should all chill out and realise that he's pretty bloody busy and if he spent 5 minutes to talk to every fan he'd be speaking for like 480326768373 lifetimes..

Like here in NZ there are heaps of bands that've been around for ages and still play shows heaps and have a shit tonne of fans but cos they never got "famous" or like "mainstream" etcetc they don't have to be up at 6 the next day to drive from Boston to Texas or whatever (yeah, don't quote me on my American geography..) so they can take an hour to just chill out with their fans.

.. Just a bit of perspective for you.
______

shot up through the sky by a canon of sin.

cvankeeken

Post by cvankeeken » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:06 am

Hehehe... I love that you said "round for tea". That is awesome! And I agree... It's hard to see your favourtie band get big but it's also inspiring and exciting!

Jamesahiles

Post by Jamesahiles » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Might as well out myself out there too you never know.

Max

a small town from Ohio that you have never heard of about two hours south of Cleveland. I Just wanted to start off by saying thank you for deciding to do this acoustic tour. . I saw you guys for the first time in Cleveland when you opened up for AVA and it was one of the best times of my life. . . The reason why I am writing you how ever is because I have an unusual question to ask you. . . But before I ask you I would like to explain further my purpose of writing to you. . . Music is everything to me. Absolutely everything. to be able to connect with people with music you write and knowing people relate to what your expressing is the best feeling in the in the world ... I'm sure you know the feeling I'm talking about. Iv been playing music for about six years since I was about thirteen I started playing the guitar. And right when is a real boy was just released I started getting into your music heavily. From then till now I have either learned or taught myself every single song your band has released. Whether its your self titled album , baseball , doorm room demos , compilations , covers , even songs like lowman and sappy. . . The whole reason why I picked up never put it down since that day is because I feel like if I don't play music for the rest of my life then I would be completely miserable. . . So I wanted let you know that it would be an honor and a privilege to play a song with you February 17th at the Grogg shop in Cleveland. I realize that you are extremely busy with the new painful splits album and getting ready to tour again and to tell you the truth , I don't even expect this will make it to you. . . I would love to play third engine with you singing it and mé rocking it. I play your cover of the song too that you released on the two tongues CD. . I'm not a crazy fan or anything. It would just be a dream come true to play a song with you because you basically were the reason why I picked up a guitar in the first place. Now music is my escape and I won't stop writing for the rest of my life. .I understand also that this may not happen because then every one would be asking to do it. . . But I remember you saying one time keep playing and keep playing because one time you were just another dude in the crowd. . . Now I'm tryin to live my dream and perform a song with you. . . Ok man take it easy and good luck and write back if you take it into consideration.