Song Shop

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
flambeurfilms
Re: Song Shop

Post by flambeurfilms » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Got my EP last night. No phone call either :( 4 songs is a 20 minute call according to the e-mail from Max. I have been tweeting with people that have gotten their song(s) AND their call(s) The songs are great, working on the album art now. Forthcoming are the four videos I'm shooting as a companion piece.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:22 pm

flambeurfilms wrote:Got my EP last night. No phone call either :( 4 songs is a 20 minute call according to the e-mail from Max. I have been tweeting with people that have gotten their song(s) AND their call(s) The songs are great, working on the album art now. Forthcoming are the four videos I'm shooting as a companion piece.
That's awesome! How much did you pay for the 4 songs together?
So when can we expect to hear your songs? =P
Norgan is a real boy!

flambeurfilms

Post by flambeurfilms » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:36 pm

It's a gift for my significant other, so sometime after she hears them and listens to them I hope to be sharing them. They were $552. Would have loved to talk to Max more about the songs, but idk what happened.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Must have been a glitch in the Matrix!
Have you tried calling/emailing the merch support? I mean, I guess it's not like they can do much, though... If you wanted to talk to Max about the songs and have him do them again... firstly you'll end up getting 4 free songs, secondly that's silly anyway. It still feels like you kind of got gypped. I suppose, though, depending on how much you care you should contact the merch support.

At least you got a $50 discount! =D
Norgan is a real boy!

ThemDyingEars

Post by ThemDyingEars » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Max called me last night but I wasn't able to answer. I have been glued to my phone since.

flambeurfilms

Post by flambeurfilms » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:46 am

Norgan wrote:Must have been a glitch in the Matrix!
Have you tried calling/emailing the merch support? I mean, I guess it's not like they can do much, though... If you wanted to talk to Max about the songs and have him do them again... firstly you'll end up getting 4 free songs, secondly that's silly anyway. It still feels like you kind of got gypped. I suppose, though, depending on how much you care you should contact the merch support.

At least you got a $50 discount! =D
Lol, $48 discount, that's why I said 502 cause it was so random that he actually quoted me a $48 dollar discount. It felt wrong to be even offered a discount as these are priceless original pieces of art. You're right though, I already have the songs so if I didn't like them or felt that he completely misinterpreted something am I going to insist that he re-do them? The songs are great (can't get them out of my head), but one of them in particular I feel he went in the wrong direction. It's a great song, but it wasn't truly what I had in mind. This definitely would have been cleared up in a 20 minute call (4 songs x 5 min. call each as per Max). I would have bought the songs without the phone call; if it were just text I would do it, but I know that several people have gotten their calls (some the same day I got my songs sans call), and it was part of the deal. I e-mailed him (or whoever responds to the e-mails as Max, and why wouldn't it actually be him?) at the same address I communicated with about the pricing and the actual purchase of the EP. No response at all today, so I'll wait a few more, then kick it over to MerchDirect.

I don't want to make a situation out of if and get some forced, belated call from Max, but I would at least like to know what the dealio is.
ThemDyingEars wrote:Max called me last night but I wasn't able to answer. I have been glued to my phone since.
Did he leave a voice mail?

And btw, I'm sure everyone that bought a song (or several) is anxious. I contacted a few twitter users out there that were bragging about the songs and call they got (maybe they were just normally tweeting about them, but I read it as bragging), and holy shit they were not cool about it at all. You'd think they'd be helpful in some way as we're all SA fans, or at least politely decline, but they were nasty.

ThemDyingEars

Post by ThemDyingEars » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:01 am

Yeah, he left a voicemail. :)

And OHSNAP, I hadn't checked my email. I did get my song! And it is EXACTLY how I wanted it, it's really blowing my mind. I can't wait for the next call so I can thank him.

flambeurfilms

Post by flambeurfilms » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:36 pm

ThemDyingEars wrote:Yeah, he left a voicemail. :)

And OHSNAP, I hadn't checked my email. I did get my song! And it is EXACTLY how I wanted it, it's really blowing my mind. I can't wait for the next call so I can thank him.
So cool, very excited for you. And thanks for the info about the voicemail.

oib111

Post by oib111 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:10 pm

ThemDyingEars wrote:Yeah, he left a voicemail. :)

What was the email they sent it to you with? I'm afraid I might accidentally delete it with all the other junk that gets in my inbox, so I want to set up a filter so it goes into its own folder, but I don't know the email to use.

ratpoison

Post by ratpoison » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:38 am

Is it possible I wasn't one of the first 1000 and so won't get a call? I swear I tried to purchase it AS SOON as they became abailable