Story of In Defense of the Genre?

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
KegIsBleeding
Story of In Defense of the Genre?

Post by KegIsBleeding » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi everyone I'm new to the forums here. I'm writing a review of In Defense of the Genre for my English class and was wondering if anyone knows where I could find information on the story behind the album? I've found bits of it here and there, and I can put a lot of it together, but I have to cite my information and I can't use wikki. I'd like to have something like an interview or a post from Max about it if there's anything like that. Thanks!

Kristy

Norgan
Site Admin

Re: Story of In Defense of the Genre?

Post by Norgan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:03 am

You'll probably find some of the most useful sources from absolutepunk.com. Say Anything has been hyperactively covered on ap.net for a very long time. This link in particular might be useful: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=246310

A tip for finding sources, by the way, is to check out the wikipedia entry for your subject and when you find some good info, check the cited source for yourself (the [number]s around the wiki entry correspond to the source listed at the bottom the page) and use THAT legit source. A lot of people don't realize that wikipedia entries are supposed to cite 3rd party sources, and 95% of the time (from what I've seen) actually do.

Anyway, I hope you do a good job on your assignment. You should post it here for peer review before you turn it in! I'm pretty beast with essays and such... so good that one time I didn't do my Anthropology final essay, but instead turned in an English essay that I wrote on symbolism in Catcher in the Rye, and still got an A.
Norgan is a real boy!