Do the Dohnk

Scott
Legend
Re: Max Bemis and The Painful Splits - Do the Dohnk

Post by Scott » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:54 pm

drugshavemymind wrote:
you're fine wrote:I wonder if all of the Painful Splits songs will have Sherri parts? It could be interesting... I am going to a show on the 28th and I am totally getting the album!
Do you think someone could possibly upload the album to the internet? I'm from New Zealand so I will never ever get the chance to own most of his stuff (I own copies of ...Is/Was a Real Boy, In Defence and Say Anything; I had to download everything else because it doesn't exist for me).

Well... I'm sure it'll be on ebay
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Mistle

Re: Do the Dohnk

Post by Mistle » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:37 am

this song is so simple, yet theres just something about it that i love so much.
thanks for the tab!

blindauthority5

Post by blindauthority5 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Hey guys. I love Say Anything, and I like that this website is dedicated to only Say Anything tabs. But bashing the tab I wrote isn't very stylish. The way I see it, we both like SA and we both tabbed the same song. No big deal.

PS. In respect to accuracy. i think the lyrics are..
"Let's leave our bodies at the door
They cater many skins..."

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:23 pm

blindauthority5 wrote:PS. In respect to accuracy. i think the lyrics are..
Oh wow. I also thought it was vacate our mini skins, as it fits perfectly with leaving your body... but after reading you lyric suggestion, I can't decide which it sounds like he's actually saying. Feedback, guys?
Norgan is a real boy!

crbrazil

Post by crbrazil » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:56 pm

look at the ones under song meanings. they're different
was i born to sink into this couch

Scott
Legend

Re: Max Bemis and The Painful Splits - Do the Dohnk

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:22 pm

drugshavemymind wrote:
you're fine wrote:I wonder if all of the Painful Splits songs will have Sherri parts? It could be interesting... I am going to a show on the 28th and I am totally getting the album!
Do you think someone could possibly upload the album to the internet? I'm from New Zealand so I will never ever get the chance to own most of his stuff (I own copies of ...Is/Was a Real Boy, In Defence and Say Anything; I had to download everything else because it doesn't exist for me).

let's refrain from talking about this please, I'm sure max gets asked this a ton on his twitter and I'm sure he'll put it online eventually
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:24 pm

blindauthority5 wrote:Hey guys. I love Say Anything, and I like that this website is dedicated to only Say Anything tabs. But bashing the tab I wrote isn't very stylish. The way I see it, we both like SA and we both tabbed the same song. No big deal.

Who bashed your tab? Where is your tab? I'm confused.

tgreg

Post by tgreg » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:54 pm

blindauthority5 wrote:Hey guys. I love Say Anything, and I like that this website is dedicated to only Say Anything tabs. But bashing the tab I wrote isn't very stylish. The way I see it, we both like SA and we both tabbed the same song. No big deal.

Duuudeee Myy badd! noo I was not bashing your tabs on UG. My bad for sure it came off wrong. Just trying to get everyone on bored with Playsa. Guess it makes us look bad, ill delete them. seriously my bad. haha

drugshavemymind

Post by drugshavemymind » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:44 am

Finally got my guitar back today. And I'm pretty much retarded at the moment/I can't seem to get the timing of the tab, as much as it's a pain (pun?) could someone make a video teaching this song? I have a show in a few weeks and I really wanna bust this out during the between sets.
______

shot up through the sky by a canon of sin.

drugshavemymind

Post by drugshavemymind » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:51 am

Ok. so I manned up enough to sit for an hour and a bit getting the verse down.
But every (well, two) tab I found of this the chords to the chorus seem a bit off..
It's standard tuning, yes?
______

shot up through the sky by a canon of sin.