Manhattan

Dreaming/Manhattan
Manhattan

Post by Dreaming/Manhattan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:27 am

Does anyone have an accurate tab of the Baseball redo of Dreaming of Manhattan? Its slightly different (and better, I believe) than the Junior Varsity version...I just can't find anything but the jv one.

Norgan
Site Admin

Re: Manhattan

Post by Norgan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:25 pm

As far as I can tell, the tab in the JV forum here is actually the Baseball version of the song. You can tell from how the Interlude is tabbed out: in JV it's mostly eight notes, in Baseball he holds out the notes as it is tabbed there.

The two songs are almost identical musically, though technically the Baseball version is more complex and cleaner. My point is, even if it were a tab for the JV version, if you're playing this song on one guitar you'll end up playing almost the same exact thing between either version of the song.

Maybe someone can try tabbing the Baseball version with both guitars separate, rather than combining them. That's where most of the differences are between the two versions anyway: in the 2nd guitar. If that's what you're actually interested in, Dreaming/Manhattan, I might give it a shot later. For now, though, try playing the tab in the JV forum if you hadn't already. It sounds great playing it along with the Baseball version.
Norgan is a real boy!