Say Anything / Motion City Tour Discussion

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
tgreg
Re: Say Anything / Motion City Tour Discussion

Post by tgreg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:06 pm

We still have to set up a point system!! hahaha oh darn. oh well :)

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Let's just say if you take a picture with the band with a playsa.net sign, you won't be forgotten! Maybe I'll dig up something cool to give to people who do it (maybe my own songshop song ? hush hush!!)
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:41 pm

we should get playsa.net stickers or something. :]
"you're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead." [02.25.10]

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:06 pm

jamilah.is.alive wrote:we should get playsa.net stickers or something. :]
We posted on twitter asking about making fliers. I would but I just don't have the time at the moment for something great. In the coming weeks there are alot of technical things we need to do for the site including this new layout we're working on and making everything just more clear and nice.

Anyone with any graphic design know-how slap something together for a 3x5 inch flier!!
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

NikleNitrate

Post by NikleNitrate » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:25 pm

I get to see them November 1st in Ohio ^.^ I can't believe it's getting to be so close already, I've been waiting forever now it seems like, I can't wait<3
The excitement is building! November 1st!

"They say if you love then you're doomed
We say you're so boring and blind"

ChristieL

Post by ChristieL » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:25 am

I'll be at the show tomorrow night! I'm so stoked! 1st time seeing them live!

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 am

I hope you guys are ready for a complete play by play of the ENTIRE night here in San Diego (:

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:09 am

Alright... here we go:

Got to the venue an hour early (kinda later than i wanted but i had errands to run) but I still got a pretty rad spot inside after being one of the FIRST few people to buy Max Bemis and the Painful Splits. We were pretty much dead center and had a few people in front of us. Valencia played first and was pretty good. Saves the Day did RAD and they fit in A LOT of songs because Chris Conley did pretty much no "small talk."
Then... Say Anything. Let me just say before I give a set list... It was the most random set of songs I ever imagined. It was a verrrry good set of songs but surprising to say the least.

1. Crush'd - phenomenal opener and it pumped everyone up. Max danced all over the place too.
2. Little Girls - shocker in my opinion but reallllly fun!
3. Woe - wonderful of course.
4. Baby Girl I'm a Blur - expected.
5. Less Cute - lots of dancing and lots of crowd singing. suuuper fun
6. Yellow Cat/Red Cat - another shocker to me. disappointed not many sung along for that one.
7. Crawl - Two Tongues. Epic. That's all (:
8. Spay Me - Many people sang along. Great!
9. She Won't Follow You - in my opinion one of the best songs off the new album and totally stoked they played it!
Now... I have a story for this next one. I was crossing my fingers for ONE song to be played the whole night. I knew my chances
were rather slim but hey, a girl can wish right? Max got on the mic after She Won't Follow You and talked a bit and said,
"We haven't played this next song in 10 years." My heart stopped. I flipped the f*** out. I knew what it was. Then he said it...
10. COLORBLIND - absolutely amazing. everything i thought it would be. the highlight of my life. really showed the TRUE SA fans (:
11. Do Better - another absolutely amazing song.
From here on I sorta lost track of the set list lol but I believe there were these two songs left. I don't think I'm forgetting anything >.<
12. Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too - which now that I think about it may have been earlier in the set, I just didn't film any bits of it.
13. Belt - Yes, they closed with Belt. EPIC.
I was so sure they'd close with Hate Everyone but I was really glad they didn't before they closed it was just kinda silent as people
screamed out what they wanted and Max just stood there... then he looked out, lifted his shirt and pointed at his belt while nodding his head.
Completely amazing (:

So there was the set. They played an hour. I don't THINK I forgot anything. :X

I also got the yellow SA logo shirt and of course the Max Bemis and the Painful Splits CD. Which so far is absolutely perfect. (Of course, it IS Max. duh.)

i didn't get to see Max, which is a bummer. but if ANYONE does... Try to get him to write down Alive on a piece of paper for me yeah? haha.
ALSO.
They had the most EPIC sweatshirt that I didn't have enough money for. It was 30 bucks and I didn't notice it til after I bought my cd... in which I only had 20 left for a shirt. BUT, if someone wants to buy it for me and I'll totally send you the cash I would be STOKED. It's limited edition I am sure because I've never seen it before. It is black and has SA on the front but in the lettering and on the inner of the hood is the In Defense of the Genre cover art. It's absolutely amazing. :O (I am very serious. I will mail the money. )

But other than that... tonight was EPIC. I hope everyone posts their night too. San Diego was a great kicker, Max wouldn't shut up about how much he loved how active our crowd was. lol

[p.s. for a school project i will not be on the internet from 6am friday til 6am sunday. so i'll be back then guys (: ]

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:09 am

P.S. if anyone decides to be a doll and purchase that sweatshirt for me, i'm most likely a size small if it's a men's jacket.
and here's my email jamilahrebekah@gmail.com
i can check it from time to time during my media deprivation.
<33

Mailliw

Post by Mailliw » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:53 am

Aw man Little girls and Belt. I havent heard either of those songs live in at least 2 years. I hope they play those two in MD.