Introduce yourselves

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Scott
Legend
Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 am

Hey Elijah and Justin! Nice to have you guys.

Justin I currently don't play COD because MW2 made me very disappointed but I'm getting Black Op, no one can resist Nazi zombies!! That card game actually sounds interesting. Last one I "played" was pokemon and I didn't play just collected.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

flambeurfilms

Post by flambeurfilms » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:01 am

MW2 is bad, but I picked it up for $5 from an unhappy friend, so it was worth it. I usually do Riot Shield/RPG with Scavenger Pro, Danger Close Pro, and Ninja Pro and Blast Shield (if you're Semtexed you don't die in one blast). Get a group of 3 people doing this and the reaction from the other team is priceless. I'll be picking up Black Ops as well, cannot wait for Nazi zombies.

bandofoutsiders

Post by bandofoutsiders » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:25 am

I'm Courtney, I'm currently at the University of Iowa doing that nerd shit (aka getting a major in history and museum studies and a minor in film). I like long walks on the beach, ice cream, holding hands, and giggling.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:57 am

bandofoutsiders wrote:I'm Courtney, I'm currently at the University of Iowa doing that nerd shit (aka getting a major in history and museum studies and a minor in film). I like long walks on the beach, ice cream, holding hands, and giggling.
A double major aaaaand a minor? True nerd shit, indeed! Welcome to PlaySA.net!
Norgan is a real boy!

flambeurfilms

Post by flambeurfilms » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:48 pm

I think we have figured out that there are many true nerds here. I like it.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:06 pm

flambeurfilms wrote:MW2 is bad, but I picked it up for $5 from an unhappy friend, so it was worth it. I usually do Riot Shield/RPG with Scavenger Pro, Danger Close Pro, and Ninja Pro and Blast Shield (if you're Semtexed you don't die in one blast). Get a group of 3 people doing this and the reaction from the other team is priceless. I'll be picking up Black Ops as well, cannot wait for Nazi zombies.
I'm ALL about halo reach at the moment. I like a game where I can't snipe people across the map through 8 buildings without aiming down the sites... using an uzi. ZING MW2!!

Halo Reach just has a level of depth for teamwork that COD doesn't. COD rewards Rambo types too much by making it too easy to wipe out a whole team. Halo requires teamwork to do anything. Especially when you got a falcon in the air and a few guys manning the guns, landing on the top of the Spire like it's D Day and taking the core to the extraction point. It's so good it made me wanna read the book. I hate reading.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

leahyounggg

Post by leahyounggg » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm Leah! I'm 19 and I'm a journalist in the United States Air Force stationed near Seattle, WA. I just saw Say Anything play with Motion City Soundtrack last night. Nothing short of amazing. I feel like this band helped me grow in so many ways, and helped me get through so much shit. Glad to be here :)

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:15 pm

aha! I recognize you from twitter! Thanks for signing up and look forward to chatting here.

flambeurfilms

Post by flambeurfilms » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Scott wrote: I'm ALL about halo reach at the moment. I like a game where I can't snipe people across the map through 8 buildings without aiming down the sites... using an uzi. ZING MW2!!

Halo Reach just has a level of depth for teamwork that COD doesn't. COD rewards Rambo types too much by making it too easy to wipe out a whole team. Halo requires teamwork to do anything. Especially when you got a falcon in the air and a few guys manning the guns, landing on the top of the Spire like it's D Day and taking the core to the extraction point. It's so good it made me wanna read the book. I hate reading.
Yeah MW2's no recoil guns are terrible. I don't really like the Halo gameplay, I just get wrecked because I don't have people that I know that play. I love the full featured stats and theater and everything that you can do while not even playing.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Well I play if you have Halo we can plan to get on at the same time. Swat is very COD like with head shot kills in one shot and only a bolt action type gun. no grenades and no HUD