SA Tattoos?

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
OneHeartAtATime
Re: SA Tattoos?

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:06 pm

^^ I really like that!!

xokimberly

Post by xokimberly » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Scott wrote:
xokimberly wrote:i have alive with the glory of love on my wrist : )
pic or didn't happen

ahahha jk but seriously lets see it
Attachments
alive.jpg
alive.jpg (25.8KiB)Viewed 10160 times
"the path into this heart is littered with corpses and strewn with body parts of those who came before, so just give up"

OneHeartAtATime

Post by OneHeartAtATime » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:17 pm

I love the font on that, it looks so good!

xokimberly

Post by xokimberly » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:44 pm

my boyfriend drew it up, so i know it's totally unique :]
"the path into this heart is littered with corpses and strewn with body parts of those who came before, so just give up"

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:55 pm

Looks pretty good. I'm waiting for someone with a picture of Max tattoo'd on them.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

steveo
Legend

Post by steveo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:36 am

Not sure if i'll get a Say Anything Tattoo but for music tattoo's i'll probably get 'Love Will Keep Us Alive" by the Eagles sometime.

If i had to get one it be, "Kiss them dying ears so softly" or "These are my days" Yellow Cat=Da Bomb
Oh, I'll be around to pick your pretty heart right off the ground when all this
fucking fashion brings you down.
http://www.purevolume.com/stevearuilioistheman

xokimberly

Post by xokimberly » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:53 pm

A picture of Max would be so extreme!

mjjcap

Post by mjjcap » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:01 pm

There was a time when I wanted to get portraits of all six members (well five now, i guess :[), but idk if I'd have the guts to do it. If I can find a job/career/whatever that tats are suitable in, im definitely looking into getting a bunch of SA tats that are visible . inspirational lyrics are the best :)
"Let me tell you about the love I have, cause its growing by the moment & I'd murder you to hold his hand. See I don't even know this boy, but I want him so bad. Oh so bad..."

ButThatBelt

Glad to see a thread about this. RANT POST INITIATED.

Post by ButThatBelt » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:22 pm

I've been thinking about getting a Say Anything tattoo for YEARS now but I still haven't decided what I want yet.

The problem is, is that I'm not one of those people who has this EPIC URGE to get a tattoo. Getting a tattoo isn't something that I have been pining for, BUT getting a Say Anything tattoo is. Get it? I don't really either... Basically, I don't want a tattoo that badly but I want a SAY ANYTHING tattoo very badly (if I'm GOING to get a tattoo it will be a SA tattoo. Get it now?) I feel like once I find and decide on a great idea for a Say Anything tattoo I might be more motivated to get one done, so, these are the ones that I have come up with so far:

...is a Real Boy album art: I haven't really decided on where yet (probably behind my left ear), BUT I am almost 90% certain that if I get a SA tattoo, that it will be the IARB album art (keep in mind this will not be in color and will be relatively small). The reason I am so certain about a IARB tattoo is because this album means more to me as a whole than any specific lyric ever could. This album literally changed my life and I love it to a point where I would want it to be a part of me forever. (inb4 yeahright84yearoldSayAnythingfanREGRET) I am about 90% sure that this is what I would get...

A close and almost equal runner up is the image from Yellow Cat/Red Cat. Behind my left ear (this is of course if I don't get the IARB tattoo there...) I would have a small red and a small yellow cat fighting. This one would be in color and it could expand into more than just a SA meaning. I've always viewed this lyric as a representation of racism and how absolutely pointless and feral it is.

Then there are lyrics. Here are some of the lyrics that I have been drawn to the most as tattoos:

"The path into this heart is littered with corpses and strewn with body parts of those who came before." I really love the idea of this tattoo. This lyric has always haunted me and from the moment I heard it I thought it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I am also considering an image of this. I have a pretty good idea as to what I would want to get. I wish I had the balls to get the tattoo where my heart is but there is NO WAY IN FUCK that I am doing that. I would probably get it on my back shoulder, foot or inside arm. I don't know where I would get the image version though.

"Naked but that belt around my waist." Without a doubt, this is the Say Anything lyric that has spoken to me and has influenced me the most. (Just about everything that involves a screen name or an e-mail address or a nick name is "ButThatBelt" (see PlaySA username) for me. Which is sometimes unfortunate if it's registered as lower case because many people think it's ButtHatBelt. Oh well.) I'd probably get this on my hip wrapping a bit to my back and my stomach. It wouldn't be large though.

"Sun, I wont spare you. Moon, I wont spare you." Chia-Like is my favorite SA song. I'm possibly thinking about an image for this one as well. Possibly a moon and a sun with "I WONT SPARE YOU" below them. An eclipse? A sun/moon face? I don't know, I'll figure that design aspect later. I don't really think I'd consider this idea anyway.

"I shall not love. Yet, I'll still sing about it." I adore this lyric but I don't know how much sense it makes to make a tattoo out of it.

AND

If I could tattoo the ENTIRETY of Signal the Rifleman on me, I would hahaha. It's definitely the Say Anything song that I relate to the most. Word for word. But, there is no way I would do that haha.

***ALL LYRICS/WORDS WOULD BE PLAIN BLACK***

ANYWAY, I'd love to hear feedback. What idea do you like the most? Do you have any design ideas?

If people respond I'll try to post sketches of the ideas that I have.

In other words, PLEASE FUCKING RESPOND TO THIS BECAUSE I WASTED WAY TOO MUCH TIME WRITING THIS AND NARROWING DOWN THE TATTOO IDEAS FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Thanks, broskis.
Oh, we could blame it on our hands...

cvankeeken

Post by cvankeeken » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:11 pm

I LOVE the idea of Yellow Cat/Red Cat behind the ear! That's my vote!
I have a strange infirmity, which is nothing to those that know me.