Introduce yourselves

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
Scott
Legend
Introduce yourselves

Post by Scott » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:49 pm

None of us really know each other besides slight acquaintances from the SA main message board. I think we should introduce alittle about ourselves. It looks like more than one of us on this board is from Maryland which I find is funny. I seem to meet alot of SA fans that are active on SA type boards from MD.

Anyway I'll start I suppose. I think it'd be good to end with a question you want the next person who responds to answer.

My name's Scott. I play guitar (obviously) and maintain this site (maybe less obvious). I write songs that are immature and I'm a math major at UMD.

Whoever posts next, be honest, which justin timberlake CD do you own? (For the record I have both)
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

maxpemis

Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by maxpemis » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:49 am

Hi, I'm Eric. I play guitar and drums, i'm a way better drummer than I am a guitar player,
but I've been playing the guitar more lately. I'm 17, and a senior at El Capitan HS in Lakeside, California (Lakeside is in the San Diego County).
When I graduate, I am probably going to be an english major at either UC San Diego, San Diego State, or Point Loma Nazarene University,
but i have no f'in clue what im going to do with an english degree.

Honestly, I don't own any justin timberlake cd's, but i do have a couple cd's like NOW 9871942374 with him on there.
But he's not bad and I think he's pretty funny with the "dick in a box" skit from snl, and the commercials
with payton manning (who, as a die-hard chargers, is one of our hated rivals.
but he's still one of the greatest and we got f'ed with ryan leaf when indy took him.)

yeah sorry for writing too much, but for whoever posts next, what is your favorite and least favorite SA song?

Daz

Post by Daz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:13 am

Howdy guys, I'm David. HUGE Say Anything fan. I am just recently starting to take up guitar and I stumbled upon this site in hopes I could learn some of their songs. Cheers!

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:05 am

Daz wrote:Howdy guys, I'm David. HUGE Say Anything fan. I am just recently starting to take up guitar and I stumbled upon this site in hopes I could learn some of their songs. Cheers!

Welcome David! Hopefully you find the site helpful and you can get involved :)

Next guy, question from maxpenis still applies. That name is hilarious...
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:53 am

Hey! My name is Jonathan, but you can just call me by my username. I go to FSU(Florida State University) and am a Creative Writing major. I really like music, but I like movies more. I play guitar, piano, and trombone. I like LOST(if anyone wants to talk about I'll start a thread), Mad Men(same applies), Arrested Development(same applies), and How I Met Your Mother.

Favorite Say Anything song...probably Slumming It With Johnny(or We Will Erase All Life or Belt)
Least: Died a Jew

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:36 am

Barry Egan wrote:Hey! My name is Jonathan, but you can just call me by my username. I go to FSU(Florida State University) and am a Creative Writing major. I really like music, but I like movies more. I play guitar, piano, and trombone. I like LOST(if anyone wants to talk about I'll start a thread), Mad Men(same applies), Arrested Development(same applies), and How I Met Your Mother.

Favorite Say Anything song...probably Slumming It With Johnny(or We Will Erase All Life or Belt)
Least: Died a Jew
Damnit man, I have never seen any of those shows but Arrested Development, and I haven't seen it extensively enough to talk about it, just the first few episodes. Now if you had seen Dexter.... that's a totally different story. Mad Men kinda looked interesting but I've never seen that either, just a DVD box at stores.

Question for the next person: Make your own 12 song IDOTG! Pick your favorite songs from both CDs and condense it to one CD.

hanovergardens

Post by hanovergardens » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:31 am

im bob, i play guitar and listen to music i also have seen just about every movie out there. i like House MD and funny stuff like family guy.

1 spay me
2 vexed
3 spores
4 about falling
5 skinny mean men
6 we killed it
7 have at thee
8 baby girl im a blur
9 shiksa
10 retarded in love
11 the church channel
12 sorry dudes my bad

next question: which song do you want to learn next?
i'm the matador or the children's ward

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:04 am

Hey. I'm Sean from Maryland. I've been playing piano/synth for years, but started slacking on them when I picked up guitar a few years ago. I'm currently a Computer Science major. I'm not a big fan of watching TV but I'm fanatical over a small handful of TV series: Lost, How I Met Your Mother, Dexter, Californication, House M.D., StarGate Universe (and the older SG series are wonderful of course); however, if I'm ever walking by when Family Guy, Arrested Development or King of Queens is on, I get pretty distracted.

Song to learn next? I just want to finish learning all of Real Boy, don't really care where the next specific song is past that. Other than that some Two Tongues stuff. Lets all get back on that, that board's been dead for a long time now!

Question for the next one: What album (or time period, if you want to refer to the old school stuff) of Say Anything's do you most strongly identify with? (Your answer should not necessarily be your favorite.)
Norgan is a real boy!

Barry Egan

Post by Barry Egan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Norgan wrote:Hey. I'm Sean from Maryland. I've been playing piano/synth for years, but started slacking on them when I picked up guitar a few years ago. I'm currently a Computer Science major. I'm not a big fan of watching TV but I'm fanatical over a small handful of TV series: Lost, How I Met Your Mother, Dexter, Californication, House M.D., StarGate Universe (and the older SG series are wonderful of course); however, if I'm ever walking by when Family Guy, Arrested Development or King of Queens is on, I get pretty distracted.

Song to learn next? I just want to finish learning all of Real Boy, don't really care where the next specific song is past that. Other than that some Two Tongues stuff. Lets all get back on that, that board's been dead for a long time now!

Question for the next one: What album (or time period, if you want to refer to the old school stuff) of Say Anything's do you most strongly identify with? (Your answer should not necessarily be your favorite.)
Lost? Let's start a thread!!!...and I think we have all of ...Is a Real Boy tabbed...

steveo
Legend

Post by steveo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Yo guys I'm Steve from New York, i kinda help Scott run the site. I play drums and guitar drums since i was about 9 and guitar since i was 13. I love Lost as well as king of queens and a big movie buff. I am really into sports and obviously say anything as well. Thats about it
Oh, I'll be around to pick your pretty heart right off the ground when all this
fucking fashion brings you down.
http://www.purevolume.com/stevearuilioistheman