I Could Be President

nateorz
I Could Be President

Post by nateorz » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:13 am

Request! One of the iTunes exclusive songs from the new CD and I'm totally in love with it. Would appreciate anyone taking the time to figure it out!

EDIT: Think I figured part of this out by accident...putting it here as a start so I can work on the rest, or for anyone else who wants to. :D

Code: Select all

E|------------------------------------------|
B|------------------------------------------|
G|--7---6---9-------------------------------|
D|--0---0---0---7---------------------------|
A|--x---x---x---x---------------------------|
D|--5---5---5---5---------------------------|
EDIT 2: Above basically sounds like that is the majority of the song, minus obvious slides up to higher frets played on the G-string. I can't tell whether he plays what's below or not but I know he switches strings during a part of it because that bassy D-string sound is missing.

Code: Select all

E|------------------------------------------|
B|------------------------------------------|
G|--7---9-----------------------------------|
D|--x---x-----------------------------------|
A|--5---5-----------------------------------|
D|------------------------------------------|
Every time I see your face, I die inside.

Scott
Legend

Re: I Could Be President

Post by Scott » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Hmm. Didn't get the iTunes CD so I'm missing this song. Was this the only exclusive?
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

smartalec1213

Post by smartalec1213 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:47 pm

yeah man....here is a link for 4 bonus say anything tracks......no games and narcissus are bonus tracks on the new cd and the other two are max's song shops songs i think....enjoy.

http://strikegently.com/?p=25870

nateorz

Post by nateorz » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:04 am

Yeah I was going to go to this little indie store to pick up the CD to get the 7" for No Games (Truth Serum) but I ended up not doing it. I uhh..."acquired" the CD + Secret Origins + All 4 exclusive tracks. This is BY FAR my favorite of the 4. It sounds more like old SA...kind of Baseball meets IARB with a hint of IDOTG (in that it kind of has the same subject matter as An Insult To The Dead). As far as how they were released...

7" Vinyl Release
- No Games (Truth Serum)

iTunes
- I Could Be President [Pre-order only]

iTunes Deluxe Edition
- Narcissus
- I Love You More Than I Hate My Period
- I Could Be President [Pre-order only]

I Could Be President was the first song shop tune that Max wrote. Since No Games was ripped from vinyl, it also sounds MUCH quieter than the other 3 so make sure you turn up the volume for it. They may eventually release Lowman as a B-side as well. Also, I think what I've posted is the majority of the chorus. The verse is played differently if I'm hearing this right.

smartalec1213

Post by smartalec1213 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:31 am

haha i think a lot of us "acquired" the CD through different means....only reason i did it was cause i literally couldn't wait for the cd....then i bought it when it came out....gotta represent lol. Narcissus is my favorite out of the 4 bonus tracks...but Prez is def amazing.....hope someone who knows how to tab figures it out fairly soon....seems like this site just kinda died, which is too bad, cause before this site it was almost impossible to find good SA tabs, minus ultimate-guitar.com. what are your favorites on the new cd? i know its hard to choose just a few haha

nateorz

Post by nateorz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:32 am

Favorite tracks, from Fed to Death then everything up to, and including, Cemetary, then Ahhh... Men. I don't care much for Property, Death for my Birthday, or Young Dumb and Stung. I mean they fit but I can't listen to them without listening to everything else first. The entire Secret Origins CD pretty much, just b/c Max + guitar = me happy. And I like all the b-side tracks, but I Love You More Than I Hate My Period is just okay for me, although the subject matter is awesome. Obsessive fans = lol.

Also, most of the tabs on ultimate-guitar.com still suck hard compared to what people figure out here. Some of them have parts that are played better (Cemetary pre-chorus/chorus, for example) but the overall song is usually better here. All those YouTube people were playing ultimate-guitar tabs of Eloise, which I why I figured it out from that vid. Having a song like that sound wrong makes me want to punch babies. Sorry for ranting, it's 7:31 AM.

I haven't been working on this much lately just because I've been glued to my Xbox. Modern Warfare 2 is the Devil. I think I may have just figured out another chord though, I'll try more later.

smartalec1213

Post by smartalec1213 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:10 pm

I completely agree about the B sides.....if there was a different musical part to I love you more than i hate my period it would be epic with those lyrics. I love every song on the cd....although death for my bday and young dumb and stung def had to grow on me....i think at this point, though its hard lol, fed to death or mara and me or she won't follow you are my favorites....but i listen to the cd all the way through. Property is actually up there as one of my favs....def the last "you gave your love to me" when he screams.....amazing lol.....secret origins is all good...and i can't wait for someone to start tabbing that shit....and oh yeah...COD modern warfare 2 is ruining my life too haha....along with Uncharted 2 amongst thieves lol.

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Yeah I think as he said alot of things are getting in the way of tabbing. When the site started alot of us were younger and had more time to do things and now we just dont have the same amounts of time. I actually liked the new CD alot more than IDOTG but have a lot less motivation to tab it out or even learn it myself. I'm sure MW2 and Uncharted etc has something to do with it as well...

Does anyone have that CD of the demos of the new CD you got with the pre order package? Was it any good? I wanted to get it for that but 80$ was too much, and thanks for posting the bsides.
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

cclinto

Post by cclinto » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Yeah, the demo CD was alright; definitely not worth forking out the $85 for (they should make it available to people to buy now...oh well), but I was kinda stoked on everything else I got with it.

Random question; how'd this site get the videos of Jeff (or whoever it was) playing those songs a while ago? You should definitely get more of those for this CD...I'm just saying :-D

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:13 pm

I asked Jeff if he wanted to do a few videos while he was in my town on a tour. Since then he's been too busy to really sit down and do it. Time just worked out really well the last time.

I heard the song shops included and I have to say I liked my song shop better than those first two.